Author Topic: FM of AM 2009 Group Pic!!  (Read 21342 times)

Offline Noben

• A deity among you.
  • Administrator
  • Dragon
    • Altermeta
FM of AM 2009 Group Pic!!
« on: April 16, 2009, 12:21:49 AM »
_-----------------------------------------------------------_

The FM/AM Pic, 2009!
(Forum Members of AlterMeta Pic 2009)

This is something that may be long overdue, so its time to get it rolling.  Hopefully there can be a solution to the issues with previous community based pictures, and ultimately nobody gets left out that doesn't deserve to be there.  In addition to that, its also my own way of contributing to an AM fundraiser in spite of the fact that AM hasn't updated in forever.

I've done the 2007 CGP and that wasn't so bad. In fact the most stressful part of that whole ordeal was probably the organization of it in the first place rather than the implementation of it.  So here goes!

The guidelines to the FM/AM 2009 are pretty simple.

-First, gotta donate!  Yup, I'm pandering to money...  To get into the picture, you only need to make a $4 donation at THIS LINK HERE.  Just note the donation to something akin to "FM of AM" or "Forum Picture".   If you don't have paypal, other methods of donating can be used, you'll just have to hammer out the deails with me.
*see below for more details.

-Secondly, in THIS FORUM THREAD, all donators need to post a brief description of your kuvrahk self.

-Third, deadline!  All donators have until September 1st, 2009 to get in their donation AND description.  Please remember that both are a requirement for this and both need to be in by this time.  Thats about four months of planning so far to get in there and be a part of this!

-A distant fourth!  There will be other factors involved, such as picking a setting for the picture to take place, a couple are in mind right now. But that is on hold for the moment until I see how well recieved this is.  It could be up for a vote, or even ideas from all of you!

*Donations to be in the picture?   I believe this is the most convenient method for everyone.  I'm hoping that the price of the donation is not an issue, but I feel that votings or post counts are not a viable way of verifying individuals within the community when it comes to this kind of project without it seeming like playing favourites...  Please do realize that I know that there are many of you that have been here for a VERY long time, and have also had the patience to put up with me during some pretty rough times, both online and offline.  This gives the whole concept a level playing field for everyone.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 09:30:50 PM by Noben »
Gods don't kill people.
People with gods kill people.

Beginning April 5th, 2010...
Official Catgirl Body Count: 36

Altermeta Community

FM of AM 2009 Group Pic!!
« on: April 16, 2009, 12:21:49 AM »

Offline Lai

• Global Moderator
  • Kuvling
  • Use yer noodle
Re: FM of AM 2009 Group Pic!!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 06:28:13 PM »
Sweet.  :3  It's been a long time coming, I think, and it's a good idea to give people the opportunity to sort of mini-commission a kuvrahk by Caz - not everyday that you can get yourself drawn by the author!
But, for a certainty, back then we loved so many, but hated so much, we hurt others and were hurt ourselves... Yet even then we ran like the wind, whilst our laughter echoed under cerulean skies...

Offline Toaster RepairUnit

• Kuvling
  • Making chocolate pudding
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 12:00:51 AM »
looks like I'll donate the old way xD but I'm still not sure if its the same money than your's... I mean what's 4$ worth if you can't buy anything over there? (unless you got some kinda bank that changes my kind of money into your's)

Offline HC_Missile

• Global Moderator
  • Kuvvie
    • Devart
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 02:39:32 AM »

looks like I'll donate the old way xD but I'm still not sure if its the same money than your's... I mean what's 4$ worth if you can't buy anything over there? (unless you got some kinda bank that changes my kind of money into your's)

Canadian moneys (CAD) is definitely not the same as US moneys (USD). We got different president faces on them and everything.

Here's the common Canadian Dollar which is all pretty and color coded and cool looking with elected officials that I really don't know anything about but look like they meant business when having their pictures taken.

And here is our boring green American dollar which is slightly difficult to find online due to counterfeiting issues in our country (but at the same token sports an old time picture of one of our most kickass presidents George Washington)

If you aren't aware of America's first president George Washington, Check out this 67% historically accurate rendition of what transpired during our nation's birth back in 1776.
Robot Chicken Season 3 Episode 10 1776 skit

at 8:58 pm EST

1 US Dollar (USD) = 1.16580 Canadian Dollar (CAD)

Meaning an accurate donation of 4 USD would be 4.66 CAD

And I just confirmed that Canadians can use paypal. In fact, that's where I got this conversion calculation.

If you have access to a debit card of any kind, there should be no need to get a paypal account in the first place. paypal supports payment from a debit card without paypal account with no special charge to the money sender. In the US (as far as I am aware). I'm very sure paypal accepts payments from several other payment variations as well and not just debit/credit accounts. having an actual paypal account just make it easier to buy stuff online since it acts as an easy medium between the seller and consumer.

In the end of the day, you can always just get your parent/guardian/protecting super hero to just use their card and you can just give them the physical money, rather than going through the ordeal of sending 5 Canadian bucks on a journey across both of our countries. Not to mention i have no idea how to go about crediting 5 CAD to USD. I guess you gotta go to a bank? or maybe an embassy even? Regardless, it would be easier just to do it the digital way.
I don't have a sig. This signature you see before you is a lie.

Offline Toaster RepairUnit

• Kuvling
  • Making chocolate pudding
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 04:40:05 AM »
yeah...I guess I'll just have to ask my dad to use his paypal account ><
its a pain lol but I'll still do it xD

Offline Caltsar

• The Unspeakably
  • Administrator
  • Dragon
  • mewp!
    • caltsar.com
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 05:34:26 AM »
Firespikes, the paypal account you're sending it to can take credit/debit cards if you have one.  You don't need a paypal account to send money to it :P

Offline Raregolddragon

• Supporter
  • Kuvvie
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 10:49:17 PM »
You know the guy on the 50  looks like Nickson and the one on the 100 reminds me of Tesla.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 11:05:24 PM by HC_Missile »

Offline HC_Missile

• Global Moderator
  • Kuvvie
    • Devart
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 11:05:53 PM »
You know the guy on the 50  looks like Nickson and the one on the 100 reminds me of Tesla.

President...... Tesla?

Someone enlighten me, I can't get any information online.
I don't have a sig. This signature you see before you is a lie.

Offline Astrobia

• Elder Kuvrahk
  • Totally not leading you into a trap...
    • http://Pending
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 08:28:49 AM »
Nikola Tesla was an Austrian scientist who's genius rivaled Einstein's.  He invented most every yadayada, ideas and credit stolen by yadayada, read and study: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla
There is even picture on that page for your reference.

Further reference:
http://harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=61
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 10:26:51 AM by Astrobia »
~"Icecream is love."~

Offline Raregolddragon

• Supporter
  • Kuvvie
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2009, 06:03:02 PM »
President...... Tesla?

Someone enlighten me, I can't get any information online.

How can not know of Tesla? He was the base for all mad scientist in cartoons and comics. He was even was suspected to have designed an energy gun. He called it the peace gun because it would make any war impossible fight if both nations had it. "Only at the price suicide can any war can be accepted." Was one of his quotes he about it.

Offline Flynn

• Kuvvie
  • The Wandering Wurm
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 07:18:21 AM »
In addition to that, its also my own way of contributing to an AM fundraiser in spite of the fact that AM hasn't updated in forever.

You get to it when you get to it, hon. We all know this comic and these characters are dear to you, and it's only a matter of time before we see more of them. I think everyone here considers it worth the wait. :)

In the meantime...yay forum pic!

Offline Valkaine

• Kuvling
  • Hello, gentlemen...
    • My Elfwood page
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2009, 02:04:54 AM »
Does it matter that the e-mail address I used for my PayPal account is different from the one I used to register here?

Offline Brunhidden

• Kuvvie
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2009, 03:07:37 AM »
i am still somewhat upset that when i suggested this nearly a year ago it was unanimously decided to be a crappy idea.

nice to know it was only deemed so because it was my idea

Offline Tiggerjay

• Elder Kuvrahk
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2009, 05:37:07 AM »
Aw come on Brun, don't be like that.  It's a simple matter of bad timing and worse circumstances before and better of both now.  Just because there is circumstantial evidence that warrants taking the situation personally doesn't mean you have to.  And by my estimation you shouldn't.  You're one of the more respected members here, I highly and very seriously doubt that it was as you say a bad idea simply because it was yours.  Everyone's situation has changed dramatically in the past 6 to 8 months and I attribute the change to that.
People in cars cause accidents.  Accidents in cars cause people.

Offline Valkaine

• Kuvling
  • Hello, gentlemen...
    • My Elfwood page
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2009, 03:46:31 PM »
Does it matter that the e-mail address I used for my PayPal account is different from the one I used to register here?
EDIT:  I've changed them both so they match now, but would I have to donate again?

Altermeta Community

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2009, 03:46:31 PM »