Author Topic: FM of AM 2009 Group Pic!!  (Read 21341 times)

Offline confusedcious

• Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • Triple Threat Librarian
Re: FM of AM 2009 Group Pic!!
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2009, 06:39:49 AM »
Good gracious I must sort myself out for this sooner rather than later x.x

Thanks to Russ for the sig!

Altermeta Community

« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2009, 06:39:49 AM »

Offline Noben

• A deity among you.
  • Administrator
  • Dragon
    • Altermeta
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2009, 06:22:10 PM »
Its gettin' close!!!! Just a few more days and then I hardcore start in on this!

Also, I will be filming every step of the way. If my computer can handle such a huge video size to edit, I will be putting the process to a very speedy video.  Gotta pick some non-profit, free to use themes to accompany it...
Gods don't kill people.
People with gods kill people.

Beginning April 5th, 2010...
Official Catgirl Body Count: 36

Offline w.h.rad

• Supporter
  • Elder Kuvrahk
  • What, 900?! That can't be right, can it??
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2009, 08:08:17 PM »
Quote from: confusedcious
Good gracious I must sort myself out for this sooner rather than later x.x
Quote from: Doom Bunny
Its gettin' close!!!! Just a few more days and then I hardcore start in on this!
Better hurry, confusedcious.

Gotta pick some non-profit, free to use themes to accompany it...
If I may suggest places to look...
1.) Podsafe Audio
2.) Small bands that want recognition, possibly on MySpace.  Since you seem to already have a preference for some video game music, you could go with bands like the Minibosses or the Protomen, or people who make chiptunes, perhaps Phlogiston (unfortunately, Machinae Supremacy falls under the umbrella of Universal Music Group).
3.) Bands on independent record labels (who also want recognition, not lawsuits), or in general just are against taking down derivative works (e.g. Radiohead vs Prince)
4.) Creative Commons licensed works.
5.) Magnatune
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 08:20:52 PM by w.h.rad »

Offline Noben

• A deity among you.
  • Administrator
  • Dragon
    • Altermeta
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2009, 08:21:26 PM »
The Minibosses are love, but I want to avoid game music specifically. It adds a certain.. tone. Like in a really specific way.  I don't wanna set it to Bloody Tears if you now what I mean.

I didn't think of hitting up myspace and seeing any bands out there that wouldn't mind a bit of collaboration on that and some "publicity". Not that my efforts could be a drop in the bucket, but still.

I'll check out those other things too, thanks.

Also, let conf know! I have to stick to the guidelines set!!!! I MUST!!!
Gods don't kill people.

Offline w.h.rad

• Supporter
  • Elder Kuvrahk
  • What, 900?! That can't be right, can it??
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2009, 09:07:10 PM »
The Minibosses are love, but I want to avoid game music specifically. It adds a certain.. tone. Like in a really specific way.  I don't wanna set it to Bloody Tears if you now what I mean.
There are chiptunes artists out there who use the same equipment as the video game consoles, but try to strike different tones.  And then the Protomen, well, their first album turned a rock opera of a dystopian version of Mega Man's storyline.  Still, I can understand if that's not what you were looking for.

I didn't think of hitting up myspace and seeing any bands out there that wouldn't mind a bit of collaboration on that and some "publicity". Not that my efforts could be a drop in the bucket, but still.

I'll check out those other things too, thanks.
Even if you can't work out something with a band on MySpace that doesn't already say "please use our music, just give us credit," Magnatune has this paragraph regarding licensing for YouTube.
Quote from: Magnatune
If you'd like to use Magnatune music in a video that will be posted on YouTube, Google Video, Revver, and/or other web video sites, simply buy the album and use the music.

Please note, Magnatune does not provide free copies of our music for this purpose. In order to use our music in your video, you are required to go through the regular purchasing process. You can purchase any album on the Magnatune site for as little as $5.

Please also note, you're required to include attribution of our music. This can be in the form of a visual credit that includes the (1) Song Name, (2) Artist Name and (3) Label Name (Magnatune Records) in the end credits of the video. If your video will not include credits, attribution of the music should go somewhere on the web page where the video will appear.

If your video project supports a business, organization, or commercial venture in any way, please return to the previous page and choose the "Video/CD/DVD" music license.
The part about "as little as $5" is, as I understand it, due to being able to pay what you feel something is worth on Magnatune.  They even appear to have someone you can email if you just want to license something but need a recommendation.

Also, let conf know! I have to stick to the guidelines set!!!! I MUST!!!
I just discovered that there's a PM system on Livejournal, so I used that.  Otherwise, I'm not sure how she can be reached.  She has a deviantArt account, but is there a message system there?

Offline lyfibringer

• Elder Kuvrahk
  • Chances are, I love you.
    • Lyfi Universe
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2009, 02:12:28 AM »
    Regarding music, especially the gaming kind, check out Metroid Metal. Awesome, awesome music! And then you could always check out Scrub Club Records, which has free to download music. And as far as I understand it, as long as you do not make money off their music, you are free to use it. And may I suggest a few albums? Shadow Puppets: Second Act is dark and catchy, with most of the songs being very solid to being listened over and over again...not that I would do such a thing...

And then we have what might be the funnest album in all of existence: 8 Bit BullSh*t. IF you love the old Nintendo games back in the day, then this was made for you. Described as "This cd is packed with so much 80's time warp freshness that Stephen Hawking's head exploded.", the songs on this are hysterical at best and tear inducing at worst. The infamous AFS...what might be the worst song to ever get stuck in your head! Please note that most, if not all of the music on Scrub Club's site is seriously littered with profanity, so it might not be what you are looking for Caz...but it is good.

Offline Sparky Bluefang

• Winged Guardian
  • Administrator
  • Elder Kuvrahk
    • Bluefang-Logic Networks
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2009, 04:53:07 AM »
Heh, it's about time I do this before it isn't August any more...

Damn you procrastination!

*shakes fist comically*

Offline Toaster RepairUnit

• Kuvling
  • Making chocolate pudding
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2009, 09:24:38 PM »
I guess I'll have to skip this one due to the lack of paypal account, a lot of procrastination and the fact that I'm under 18 -_-
also because IDK where the heck is the post office...I don't think google will help me on this one xD

Offline confusedcious

• Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • Triple Threat Librarian
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2009, 01:15:46 PM »
Ack! Onto it right now ^.^;

Thanks to Russ for the sig!

Offline Chrontius

• Hatchling
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2009, 03:57:45 PM »
Bleeding hell, I forgot about this.  (And got broke, briefly.)

Is it too late to get in on it?  I can have a description uploaded by lunchtime, and reference art by eight PM.

Offline Noben

• A deity among you.
  • Administrator
  • Dragon
    • Altermeta
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2009, 04:16:44 PM »
I'm not awake yet. After I have my morning Artist Fud and finish cleaning the apartment, I will officially be awake enough to close the topic and start working on it.

Awake = Cut off time.
Gods don't kill people.

Offline Valkaine

• Kuvling
  • Hello, gentlemen...
    • My Elfwood page
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2009, 04:39:13 PM »
I'm not awake yet. After I have my morning Artist Fud and finish cleaning the apartment, I will officially be awake enough to close the topic and start working on it.

Awake = Cut off time.

Wha....?  Well where's the list of people who donated Calstar said he was going to put up?!

Just let me know which email address you donated with and I will match it to the list of donations

Once it gets closer to the time for the group picture, I will put up a list of people who donated... if you aren't on the list (or part of the list of people I can't match to donations) you can let me know then.  One way or another, we'll figure out whether or not you've donated :)

The e-mail address I used for PayPal wasn't the same as the one I used to join this site, so I don't know if my donation counted or not, and I was counting on that list to find out for sure   :mad:

Offline Noben

• A deity among you.
  • Administrator
  • Dragon
    • Altermeta
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2009, 04:45:02 PM »
It will. Cal is going to account for all donations and match them with descriptions in the thread.  If your description is in and no donation found, we'll talk it over to find it or clear it up...  If the description aint in before I wake up... *nomming fuds now*.. sorry.
Gods don't kill people.

Offline Valkaine

• Kuvling
  • Hello, gentlemen...
    • My Elfwood page
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2009, 04:57:34 PM »
It will. Cal is going to account for all donations and match them with descriptions in the thread.  If your description is in and no donation found, we'll talk it over to find it or clear it up...  If the description aint in before I wake up... *nomming fuds now*.. sorry.

Well my description was done months ago....so I'm good?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 09:13:51 PM by Valkaine »

Offline Noben

• A deity among you.
  • Administrator
  • Dragon
    • Altermeta
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2009, 04:58:51 PM »
Yup, its fine.
Gods don't kill people.