Author Topic: The Truedragon Enigma - Signup  (Read 14628 times)

Offline Hisstor

• Kuvling
Re: The Truedragon Enigma - Signup
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2007, 04:30:19 PM »
Um hi there, long time no see buddies  :P

got a pm about this rpg starting up again and was wondering if i could possibly re-join and when we post, otherwise i will sit this one out
He's baaaaack....!!!

Altermeta Community

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2007, 04:30:19 PM »

Offline confusedcious

• Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • Triple Threat Librarian
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2007, 02:34:41 AM »
Post a character for sure, depends how much further the RP goes before I approve it... you might be able to enter straight away, I might have to ask you to hold back for a week or two.

Thanks to Russ for the sig!

Offline Hisstor

• Kuvling
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2007, 01:52:31 PM »
is it me or is their so many cyborgs/boinic pple here if so i could change my character

Name-Drost Malakine

Race-  Skitarii ( draconian like with fur)

Class- Engineer/ Machine cult

Gender- Male

Clothed appreance- Has a rust red robe that covers most of his body from veiw

Strengths- As part of the machine cult Drost was inducted and given bionic enhancements in belief metal over flesh which is weaker and as such he has apparent more than human abilities.

Data graph implant: he has a acute memory program able to store and process information a hundred fold to that of a normal person though is limited and prone to glitching from an accident Drost does not recall

Bionic leg and support(knee downwards) a hinderence due to a limp

Robotic left arm with data links to link into machines

Bionic organ replacements: gives him ability to survive in a hazardous eviroment and heals mior wound quickly

Mechadendrites or mechanical tentacles that attach to spine that serve a number of purposes in lifting and manipulation capabilities like repairing machines. A usefull weapon in self defense caperble of weilding blades or welding torches.

++++++++ He has four of these mech limbs attached to his back, they are slender tentacles , has a considerble flexability to reach around but not as good facing fowards over his should reaching just over one and a half his arms reach. They are able to lift a fair weight but nothing too superior.+++++

Weakness: Despite his agumented abilities and strengths he is not a fighter prefering someone else to do the dirty work, indoctrinated into an almost religious worship around machines oftern becomes blinded to dangers when involved with rituals fixing machines becoming slow to react.

Drost has several organs and limb replaced after a freak explosive nearly killed him, although these bionic replacements give him extra strenght and toughness to survive in a leathal eviroment extending his life  but they have left him slightly hindered because of his long isolated travels leaving him without the proper maintence for them and as such leaves him vunerble to problems in his machine parts.

Bionic leg and support(knee downwards) a hinderence due to a limp
The Mechadendrites are slightly heavy therefore he cannot run very fast
(i will add few other weak points later as they tend to play up every so offtern especially under pressure)

Personality: Brought up in the machine cult, he has developed an affinity with machines and as such lost much of his natural emotions oftern seeming detched from others, many have suspected the cult practises destroy much of their soul in exchange for such power. But despite this drost has seen to retained sanity more than many of the other and as such has developed a independance creating heated difference of opinion to the cults rather stagnent technological veiw leading to him being asigned to  Magos Explorator (dedicated to exploring the universe in search of ancient knowledge ) considered by most a death sentance taken by only the fanatical, now all he hope's for is a way home.

Shows a slight distaste for other xenos technolgies and can appear stuck up in his own rightious beliefs to other races though softern by his own greed to gain superior technolgy for his own uses.

++++++++++++++++++
I have edited it as much as i can but still one or two things that need thinking throught character wise
++++++++++++++++++
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 12:53:51 PM by Hisstor »
He's baaaaack....!!!

Offline confusedcious

• Global Moderator
  • Dragon
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2007, 06:54:42 AM »
Not bad, and I don't mind cyborg numbers really *shrug* I'd just like to ask a few little things to make sure I've got things right.

- Can you be a little more specific about what is enhanced, and perhaps if he's lost anything in exchange? I've got to make sure the characters are roughly balanced so I need to know...

- How many tentacle-things? How dextrous are these in comparison to arms?

- SO are you saying his main skill is machinery with a minor skill in fighting?

If there are any details about the character which you think might be relevant but you don't want to reveal to other PC's please PM them to me- otherwise I might have to veto things when they come up. I will try not to but I have my limits...

Overall I like the character, if you can answer the questions we'll be able to get you in right away ^.^

Oh, other people... if you PM'd me any extra character info before the software change please send me that info again as it was lost.

Offline Hisstor

• Kuvling
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2007, 02:22:38 PM »
Ok ive re edited it.

even if he has gained robotic limbs its a cost on his health and with his brain being altered/hard wired into a computer processor has affected his sanity/judgement

Those tenctacles are at least twice as fast and flexable, but are limited in reach and actions as despite the A.I. chip in them its requires the users concerntration to give them orders, therefore Drost cannot fight  more than one person without an extreme effort in focus. (basicaly i can shot at one person while the tectacles make a basic thust or jabs at another person, attacking fowards they are limited in attack because they have to reach around my character to a small extent)

Well yes basically he doesnt like to fight unless he have to, his skills are in using,fixing and controlling machines, but because of his memory capacity can be knowlegable to things.
He's baaaaack....!!!

Offline confusedcious

• Global Moderator
  • Dragon
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2007, 01:41:46 AM »
No worries, I'll give you a small negative modifier on memory and things likely to be very demanding on the robotics... and that should all be fine ^.^

Welcome to the group. Feel free to wander in to the clearing... I won't move out of there till you've arrived, so long as it's within a week.

Offline Tiggerjay

• Elder Kuvrahk
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2007, 06:03:34 PM »
Name: Naálen Kénse (Alen for short)
Apparent Age: 43

Race: Kuvrahk
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 175 Lbs.
Bloodline: believed to be Csyelusian with some Cliff Angel heritage
General Build: lean, slender, and fit.  By no means muscular, but deceptively strong.
Scale Color: light brown beginning to fade to grey near the waist and down the tail
Hair Style: bald
Eye Color: deep green

Mannerisms:  At home on Cavris, Naálen was almost always calm and cheerful.  His kind heart, warm smile, and gentle speech easily earned him many friends among his fellow scholars.  His sharp and quick wit and love of the occasional harmless prank also earned him the label of troublemaker with his elders.  Over the years he was able to develop and exercise a certain self restraint and as such became very soft spoken and well mannered.  As a youth, however, his booming voice and somewhat exaggerated propensity for the dramatic saw him a rather boisterous and arguably entertaining individual.  Since his abduction from Cavris, however, he has become somewhat removed and distant.  He will still interact with those around him, but his childlike cheerfulness has been subdued by the many years he has spent in the possession of his captors.  Instead he occasionally becomes cynical and even irritable.

Typical Clothing Worn: Adepts robes of the mystic scholar monk when not in uniform.

Hobbies/Interests: At home his interests and his studies revolved around ancient philosophy and metaphysical and psychological theory.  He did have a notable interest in theology, but it was more of a hobby.  During his time spend in captivity to the Mariasu he set about learning and attempting to understanding their technology.  Upon introduction to the Sari'ani and, more specifically, their mages, he has become utterly fascinated with them.  Though his duties leave him with nowhere near the time he would like to spend studying their art and discovering from whence their mysterious and formidable power comes.  He also studies a Sari'ani martial art known as Tesett-ki which he took up very quickly.  What time he does not spend engaged in his duties as an officer he spends in that endeavor. 

Position: Captain in Sari'ani military, Fourth of eight ranks in Tesset-ki.

Strengths:  He is tremendously intelligent and very agile.  His intellect is sharp and he is quick to observe things that would go unnoticed by most others.  He is very adept at hand to hand combat and the martial arts.

Preferred Weapon: As a Captain he is proficient in the use of all standard Sari'ani infantry weapons.  He prefers, however, close quarter combat and specializes in the use of a pair of weapons that are the close equivalent of the tonfa.

Notable Weakness: If rendered unconscious in a fight or situation where his life could be at immediate risk, the Rage aspect(see background) will sometimes assume control and indiscriminately attack friend or foe.(must roll a DC12 will save to avoid)  In a sparring match with a higher ranking student of the discipline that Naálen studies, he was knocked unconscious, only to immediately stand and nearly kill his opponent.  Only one blow was dealt to end the match, and Naálen struck his opponent so viciously that the fellow student required immediate medical attention.  He also must devote a certain period of time every day to meditation.  If he goes too long without the chance to peacefully meditate (three to four days), his emotional state can begin to deteriorate and he will begin to act very strangely, almost as though drunk.(int. decreases, random emotional display, inability to focus or concentrate, str. and con. decreases)  This occurs as a result of the Rage aspect attempting to wrestle away control over the greater consciousness.  This has been a problem since shortly after his abduction from Cavris and causes him great discomfort in the form of a raging headache.

Background: Naálen was born to the order of scholar monks with which he grew up.  His parentage is unknown, as his mother was found at deaths door and in labor with his egg.  Master Iaarin took him in and raised him in the order of the mystic.  Up until the day Naálen was taken they remained dear friends.  Naálen is often troubled by the knowledge that his adopted father's remaining days have likely expired in his absence.  Most notable, however, are his achievements in the field of meditation study. 

Naálen teaches a method of meditation that he has discovered and named Ket'Tsrel, which translated means approximately "fractured consciousness".  As a somewhat unhinged youth, he was encouraged by his elders and masters to seek control through meditation.  After many years of long hours spent meditating in his room and in the various gardens, he witnessed what he could then only describe as a vision.  A figure in the translucent emptiness of the vision approached him.  As he stood and the figure drew near, he realized he was actually standing before himself, though the form before him seemed to constitute the very essence of calm rationality and logical reasoning.  No sooner had he become aware of this rationality, he felt an overbearing and terrible sense of hostility.  There, lurking in the dark haze beyond visibility was the very embodiment of malice and animalistic aggression, the dragon.  As the stifling and near crippling atmosphere bore down on him, he was pounced to the ground by a giggling young child, who proceeded to give Naálen a hug around the neck and then set about scampering throughout the haze.  Confusion abounded and it seemed the vision was near its close, when a glorious white light from behind him began to burn away the mists.  Warmth filled his heart and a sense of loving peace dissipated the malignant weight that moments ago had nearly forced him to his knees.  Naálen watched the small child run past him excitedly and jump into the arms of the most beautiful kuvrahk woman imaginable.  Her body, clothed in simple white flowing robes, shone with a light that could warm even the coldest heart, and the smile of her gentle face brought tears to Naálen's eyes.  He stood as she approached and touched her hand as she gently placed it against the side of his face.  But before he could speak, the vision ended as quickly as it had begun. 

It would be several more years before he was able to return to that vision, what he would later refer to as inner communion.  As he grew in his capacity to enter into this inner communion, he found the occupants thereof to be the individual aspects of his own soul, reason and logic, aggression and rage, innocence, and affectionate compassion and love.  Not only was he eventually able to communicate with each of these representations, but he found them all to be possessed of greater knowledge and wisdom than he was aware of in himself.  He also found it possible to lend more influence over his personality to one aspect than another, and in time established a very careful balance of power within himself.  His teachings and resulting philosophies were met with no small controversy among the very religious.  Many claimed that to look anywhere but to the heavens for enlightenment and wisdom is to deny the source thereof and therefore fall under condemnation.  Others still maintained that to trifle with ones own mind is foolishness in the extreme.  Undaunted, however, the next 12 years he spent teaching his Ket'Tsrel to anyone who wished to learn.  Then came the fateful day when the off worlders came to Cavris. 

Naálen was one of the many kuvrahks taken from his home by the Mariasu.  After many years of captivity it became clear to Naálen that he would likely never see his beloved home world again.  At the beginning of the war with the Sari'ani, Naálen seized his opportunity to escape his captors with many of the other Kuvrahks and was taken in by the Sari'ani.  His fascination with the mages of the Sari'ani and his introduction to Tesset-ki lead to his befriending of a Sari'ani officer who was a fellow student.  His ability to learn very quickly and his aptitude for close combat, the fact that he had escaped the Mariasu and survived the ensuing  initial conflict, not to mention being fluent in both Sari'ani and Mariasu common, caught the attention of that officer's superiors.  He was drafted into the military and quickly passed through their officer training program.  Though he has integrated fairly well into the Sari'ani society and is a decorated Captain in their military, he maintains much of his upbringing as a mystic and when not in uniform, prefers to attire himself in his traditional robes.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 12:25:42 AM by Tiggerjay »
People in cars cause accidents.  Accidents in cars cause people.

Offline Hisstor

• Kuvling
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2008, 10:26:17 AM »
I'm leaving this forum as i've become an inactive poster, so i will so goodbye to you all, fun whilst it lasted
He's baaaaack....!!!

Offline FlyingSquirrell

• Elder Kuvrahk
  • If you have a good idea, tell me. I won't steal it
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2011, 11:26:51 PM »
Is it too late to join this one? It sounds really interesting and I need something to do.
You'll either love me or hate me. I won't let you feel any other way.

Offline LeoniDiStrada

• Kuvling
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2011, 08:10:41 AM »
Would it be possible to post a character and wait a week untill my school schedual solidifies before joining play?

Offline Tail Whip

• Kuvvie
  • Bouncy bouncy bouncy.
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2011, 03:13:25 AM »
Is it too late to join this one? It sounds really interesting and I need something to do.
Seconded.  I'd love to join if it's possible.
I routinely kick ass in my imagination.