Author Topic: Is Cavris Based on an Old Earth Legend?  (Read 1092 times)

Offline tygari

• Hatchling
Is Cavris Based on an Old Earth Legend?
« on: May 04, 2010, 02:39:08 AM »
When I was was really young , single digits, and still deluded by religion I was in a children's Sunday school class that told me of an old legend associated with Noah's Ark.

The legend went when Moses was collecting all the animals of the world.  One which was named Unicorns stayed out to play.  They kept frolicking about even up till the time the rain began.  Not able to convince the Unicorns to enter the boat Moses was force to close the Ark with out them.  And with that the Unicorn species died out.  As the magic creatures (Dragons, Fairies, and such) on the Ark went about repopulating the world afterward they found that magic was slowly dying from the world.  It was only then discovered that Unicorns maintained and balanced magic in the world.  The magic species came together and discussed their options.  They came to the conclusion that Earth would eventually become a non magical world.  So they put forth a plan to find a new world where magic existed and they could survive.  Calling out to God he helped them find such a world.  They opened a portal to a new world and most left through never to be seen again.  Those that remained slowly died out with the magic of Earth.

Has anyone else ever heard this story before mew?  Am I delusional to the think this story vaguely corresponds to the world of Cavris mew?

Altermeta Community

Is Cavris Based on an Old Earth Legend?
« on: May 04, 2010, 02:39:08 AM »

Offline confusedcious

• Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • Triple Threat Librarian
Re: Is Cavris Based on an Old Earth Legend?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 10:19:25 AM »
I can't say I've ever heard that particular version of the story before.

Thanks to Russ for the sig!

Offline tygari

• Hatchling
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 12:39:45 PM »
Yeah, when I was that young I was to young to truly get how odd a story it was.
Now that I am older and looking back it was very out of place.
it was also the only time I ever heard all those aspects in a single story.
Break it up and you can find the different aspects in many outside non-christian sources.

I have heard the story of unicorns staying out to play instead of entering Noah's Ark many times in many places across the US.

And the story of Unicorns being the maintainers of magic can be found in lots of stories and legends mew.

Same there is many stories and legends that speak of magic dying out and the creatures of magic leaving this world for another world where it still existed.  I have heard this story many of times in many of ways with the source of magic being lost due to many of reasons.  Usually its the death of unicorns cause man in greed hunted them down but i have also heard stories of where man in greed used up all the worlds magic or some how sealed all the worlds magic or something.  Most of them speak of human greed in this story.

Still to think I was told a story like this in children's sunday school class is extremely odd.

Offline Dreaker

• Dragon
  • He who lurks around
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 12:56:04 PM »
Interesting legend. I never heard anything like it.
Secret activity in process. Please look elsewhere.