Author Topic: AM Crits: The Art  (Read 881 times)

Offline Noben

• A deity among you.
  • Administrator
  • Dragon
    • Altermeta
AM Crits: The Art
« on: February 07, 2011, 10:07:13 PM »
The only real concern I've seen from anywhere about my art is from that bad webcomics site.  Primarily the mouths of the characters and how there is this over-obsession on it.  Much like how I mention in Genre, how people with this mentality view other comics, movies or games, it seems that lacking in understanding of artistic license and cartoon expressionism is just how you roll there, so I think I'll take it with a grain of salt.
There's also a mentioning of Sasha's physical build that if I recall was also being placed as an artistic demerit, but I address that in the part about Kuvrahk Biology and T & Sasha.

If there are any real artistic concerns, such as lighting, flow, panel-work that people can really give me an idea on how to improve, believe me I will be there eagerly listening for advice.

The thing is, I feel that I've improved over the years, and hope to continue to do so. But I will outright say that in my comic I have improved to only a certain extent on purpose. And I do not use my comic as a pure example of my artistic abilities.  Since I have many, many, many other artistic endeavors to pursue.  So if you don't like it.. this is one crit that I may just have to say like it or leave it.  I hate to take that attitude about it, and who knows, I might do something about it in the future. But as far as the comic itself is concerned I don't feel like changing my artistic licenses due to the shortcomings of other peoples perceptions.

NEXT!

Concerns and Criticisms
The Art
The Genre..
Kuvrahk Biology and T & Sasha.
Update Schedule
Plot, Story, Pace, Setting and Reboots
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 10:25:57 PM by Noben »
Gods don't kill people.
People with gods kill people.

Beginning April 5th, 2010...
Official Catgirl Body Count: 36