Author Topic: AM Crits: Update Schedule  (Read 1021 times)

Offline Noben

• A deity among you.
  • Administrator
  • Dragon
    • Altermeta
AM Crits: Update Schedule
« on: February 07, 2011, 10:14:14 PM »
You know... I won't even combat this one at all. Yes, the update schedule to Altermeta sucks the butt.  Is there much I can say to refute it? No, there isn't.  Anything I say from this point on can be seen as just excuses, but I fully accept the fact that the schedule has always sucked and I can't promise that it won't change.

For a while, when I was doing the comic and art full time, I had a twice a week update schedule going during this current reboot (and more specifically the Dinner Party story arc that's currently going on)  It wasn't until I got a “real job” that my time became precious once again and my buffer was slowly drained and had to pull back to once a week updates.  Eventually I was basically racing each week to finish the next page for that week.  That job ended very shortly later, and I was left with no buffer and my pattern totally thrown off.

Does this excuse it? Nope.  Do I feel bad about it? Sort of. But apparently not bad enough to fix it with any more eagerness than before.

Concerns and Criticisms
The Art
The Genre..
Kuvrahk Biology and T & Sasha.
Update Schedule
Plot, Story, Pace, Setting and Reboots
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 10:22:43 PM by Noben »
Gods don't kill people.
People with gods kill people.

Beginning April 5th, 2010...
Official Catgirl Body Count: 36

Altermeta Community

AM Crits: Update Schedule
« on: February 07, 2011, 10:14:14 PM »

Offline joshofspam

• Kuvling
Re: AM Crits: Update Schedule
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 05:52:33 AM »
"Blows Raspberries" If memories serve correctly some still ongoing webcomics have went on year or possibly more longer off times.

Indeed from what most artist say keeping to the schedule always is a hit and miss. Four of the sadder  losses of webcomic activity for me were "Shifters" "Black Tapestry" "Lacunae" and "Blue Zombie".

In most cases I wouldn't think a webcomic would bring in all the money you would need and life is rather unpredictable at times. You take the time you need.

Offline Squachy

• Kuvling
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 04:18:14 AM »
If someone can adapt your coloring style or something maybe you can have a team where you do the inkings and that other person does the coloring?
might save time.

Offline Noben

• A deity among you.
  • Administrator
  • Dragon
    • Altermeta
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 05:40:07 AM »
Eh, I actually like doing all of it and would have a very difficult time "sharing" that aspect of it.  My only suffering places is layouts and story.  Even with writing the script the way I'm doing, it's a LOT of work to make sure it at least flows somewhat well.  Everything else takes very little time when I really crunch it down.

This is why I'm going through others to help edit and proofread the next comic arc.  Maybe one of these days I'll hire an official "idea-bouncer-offer".
Gods don't kill people.
People with gods kill people.

Beginning April 5th, 2010...
Official Catgirl Body Count: 36