Author Topic: ATTENTION: New Forum Registration Settings  (Read 13399 times)

Offline Caltsar

• The Unspeakably
  • Administrator
  • Dragon
  • mewp!
    • caltsar.com
ATTENTION: New Forum Registration Settings
« on: February 15, 2011, 08:58:39 PM »
Due to a massive number of spam accounts being registered (hundreds!), I have changed the registration settings to require more complex passwords and admin approval.  If your new account hasn't been approved within a day, please email webmaster@altermeta.net to notify me.  We are very aggressive at fighting off spam and some innocent accounts may be lost along the way.  If you email us and we ask you to re-register, rest assured you will be activated the second time!

Thank you for understanding.

UPDATE 2-15-11: Anyone with a mail.ru email is banned from registering.  If you have a mail.ru email and you still wish to register, please personally email webmaster@altermeta.net and I will temporarily remove the ban to allow you to register. Almost half the spam accounts use mail.ru email addresses and no current members use this email provider.

UPDATE 2-17-11: Activation is back on. Banning mail.ru users from registering, a more secure password requirement as well as some additional registration checks has seemed to have killed the spam bots!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 06:05:41 PM by Caltsar »

Altermeta Community

ATTENTION: New Forum Registration Settings
« on: February 15, 2011, 08:58:39 PM »