Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1320 times)

Offline Keleth

• Kuvling
  • Highly Explosive.
World of Tanks
« on: June 21, 2011, 11:15:10 PM »
Known in the game by the same account name as here.

I've been playing since the open beta, enjoy the game immensly, but first let's talk about it. Let's open with a gameplay video giving you an idea of what to think. It's a blend of action and sim, 3rd and 1st person depending if you're attempting to snipe or not.

http://youtu.be/sr0rMAjX5g0

Tutorial Videos are here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSt6wkueXWw

But here's a quick summary for those who don't want to watch the youtube links.

The premise is pretty simple, there's 3 nations of tanks in the game. When you play a game, you get credit and experience for doing things like doing damage to players, spotting a player for a first time, Spotting a an enemy that your artillerly can hit by radioing his position (Automaticly done if your radio has the range), capturing the enemy base, defending your base, etc etc.

You use the credits and experience to research upgrade modules, and other tanks that go town the tech tree for that nation and style of tank you wish to play. Whether it's self propelled artillerly, tank destroyers, or medium and heavy tanks.

The game is free to play, though you have the option to buy in game gold. That can buy a premium account that gives 50% more credits and experience. As well as the ability to invite two of your friends to a platoon.  You can also use gold to buy premium tanks of certain tier and style. However, these premium tanks are sub-par for their tier, and aren't upgradeable.

There's a clan wars built into the game. That's sort of like Risk. Using the clan wars you try to dominate the world map by invading other provinces on the world map and then fighting that clan for it. Owning provinces gives your clan a small gold income that can be divided among your clan.

The only complaint I have, is some of the player base. Going into this game, You have to understand one thing I find. Understand the concept of cover. And the idea that if there is an ambusher (Tank destroyer usually) hiding behind a treeline, with a camoflauge net and a crew that's trained in the art of camoflauge, You have to be -really- close to see him. Well, unless he fires the gun, then he's pretty noticeable. 

Your tanks have different view ranges  Check your tank, some of the tanks say the farthest view range is x many meters.

This means that if an enemy is 400 meters away and your view range is 270. You cannot see him. UNLESS a teammate can, and his radio can reach you. He will show up on your minimap.

All in all, the game is solid, Built well and suprisingly has a lot of tactics and depth.

Altermeta Community

World of Tanks
« on: June 21, 2011, 11:15:10 PM »

Offline MeepSire

• Elder Kuvrahk
  • Teleport Expert First Class
Re: World of Tanks
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 08:19:05 AM »
*disturbs archives*

Yes I play this game. Nice intro to the game keleth.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Do you still play? Non US server? Anyone else here play?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 08:23:11 AM by MeepSire »
"But, but, I still check the forum..."