Author Topic: Upcoming Chapters Progress  (Read 3019 times)

Offline Noben

• A deity among you.
  • Administrator
  • Dragon
    • Altermeta
Upcoming Chapters Progress
« on: December 15, 2011, 10:06:16 PM »
Starting over, ground up, story writing....
Lost 50 pages worth of storyboards somewhere in the house, til it's found I'm just going to start over with the layouts.

I'm actually too angry to be angry.   =-p
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 06:06:00 PM by Noben »
Gods don't kill people.
People with gods kill people.

Beginning April 5th, 2010...
Official Catgirl Body Count: 36

Altermeta Community

Upcoming Chapters Progress
« on: December 15, 2011, 10:06:16 PM »

Offline Noben

• A deity among you.
  • Administrator
  • Dragon
    • Altermeta
Re: "Discoveries" progress
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 02:04:43 PM »
This is a public progression of what I have fully done with the first "Book" of Altermeta.  I'll just re-edit it each time I progress somewhere with it.

First draft of script for part 1: Done.
Page count: ??
Comic page estimation: 80+

Second draft of script: Done.
Current Page count: ??
Current Comic pages confirmed: ??

Storyboard Pages: 0

First draft of script for part 2: 10%
Page count: xx
Comic page estimation: 120

Second draft of script: Working on it.
Current Page count: 0
Current Comic pages confirmed: ??
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 07:35:34 PM by Noben »
Gods don't kill people.

Offline Noben

• A deity among you.
  • Administrator
  • Dragon
    • Altermeta
Re: Upcoming Chapters Progress
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 08:17:59 PM »
First: Discoveries is still on. In fact maybe another week and then it's a go to start the actual thumbnails and get working on the art for it.

So anyway, HUGE plan changes took place last night.
Friends and I gathered around in the living room and randomly started talking about the upcoming chapters of Altermeta.  I conveyed the general idea and order of things and after a lot of input on things to include and we really had a huge talk on it.   After a few hours and ACTUALLY bouncing the ideas off of real life people, I came to the conclusion that there is little to no actual plot.  The stories were good without it, but deep down I had this really uneasy feeling to the whole thing. I wanted more to happen, and I wanted it to be less mopey.

Yes, the story was really taking a massive mopey and rather dark tone. (I guess what happens when I'm left alone with no editors to bounce these ideas off of)

So I told the friends, I said "Friends, what if I did this?  Let's assume all that I've written except for the massive finale section is now completely gone.  The only thing left are these elements that need to be included, but the scenarios are gone.  Start over entirely."  So we did.   And I think that after 8 hours, using the elements that the previous draft introduced, we came up with something far more interesting and workable.

The drawback: CC is no longer going to be focused on.  The original upcoming stories had a LOT of CC, but after the rewrite she's not as focused on as a main character for any given chapter.  I'd try to work in that particular element, but unfortunately there's no room.  Too much is already happening that adding in that bit would just over-saturate the flow of the new stuff.  There's just no place to work in the original plans for her. So I might save it for later or come up with another plan.

Anyway, for now the original upcoming story ideas have been scrapped and so I'll spend some time (considerably less time, if friends keep helping me) writing the new story and get it done.  I'm definitely recharged on the whole idea and no longer feeling trapped in what I wrote.
Gods don't kill people.