Author Topic: May the Disney be with you?  (Read 35859 times)

Offline Dreaker

• Dragon
  • He who lurks around
May the Disney be with you?
« on: October 31, 2012, 09:13:07 PM »
Disney buys Lucasfilm? New Starwars coming?
Bahahahahaha!
All the jedi worshipping, lightsaber swinging, force believer fan will rioting on street.
Secret activity in process. Please look elsewhere.

Altermeta Community

May the Disney be with you?
« on: October 31, 2012, 09:13:07 PM »

Offline Russ

• Dragon
  • Rawr!
Re: May the Disney be with you?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 09:32:43 PM »
Anyone see the irony here, the big media EMPIRE chasing down and ASSIMILATING the newer upstart rebellious crew.

May the market shares be with you.  :/  :mad:

Offline Astrobia

• Elder Kuvrahk
  • Totally not leading you into a trap...
    • http://Pending
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 12:20:12 PM »
I don't get the bitching. As has been pointed out many times, Disney bought out Marvel not long ago. What did we get out of that? The Avengers with Joss Whedon directing. Awesome. Disney buys Lucas Arts, what will we get? Star Wars without George Lucas directing. Awesome.
~"Icecream is love."~

Offline Russ

• Dragon
  • Rawr!
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 09:36:29 PM »
I don't get the bitching. As has been pointed out many times, Disney bought out Marvel not long ago. What did we get out of that? The Avengers with Joss Whedon directing. Awesome. Disney buys Lucas Arts, what will we get? Star Wars without George Lucas directing. Awesome.

Hoping you are right. Disney/Pixar was a fairly good combo too. A devout SW fan gave me a three word run down about Lucas as to why we should not panic but instead keep calm and carry on'
" Jar Jar Binks"

Just runs against my grain seeing conglomerates grabbing up what they please.  :mad:

I wonder what would happen if Casey started animating AM and Disney bought the franchise up?

How would Eisner treat Sasha?   :P :O

Offline Dreaker

• Dragon
  • He who lurks around
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 10:44:47 PM »
I like Star Wars. I would love it more if they would drop the whole Jedi-lightsaber-force nonsense or expand it and make it more varied. Some use the force to push people, read minds etc etc but other should use it the create blizzards, animate the dead, throw fire balls... Would be cool spaceships and magic.

My favorite thing from SW? Headhunters and smugglers. Han Solo? He IS the real hero of SW4-6! (And he shot first)

Offline Kotor

• Kuvling
  • UUUGH! THE STRESS!
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 10:30:02 PM »
Fireballs n blizzards? I'd watch that. I'm sure it'll involve Luke's kid from the several books that were made, it could be a redemption for the people who didn't like movies1-3
I just go with the flow. Why? Cuz I'm a River, it's kinda my thing, path of least resistance and what not. . .

Offline DarkCompanion

• Altermeta's Loud Mouth
  • Dragon
  • It's a matter of topics, not posts.
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 05:18:10 PM »
From what I've heard, Episode 7 is going to take place 100 or so years into the future so Disney can tell their own story (much like how Bioware did with Knights of the Old Republic).

On one hand, I REALLY don't have faith in Star Wars anymore due to the prequel movies. George Lucas, the man who created star wars, ruined it for me because he made the terrible 1-3 movies and so the appeal to see an Episode 7 is extremely low to me, and it's sad that I'm having to say this.

On the other hand, Disney has made some amazing movies. I mean I honestly can't say I've ever seen a Disney movie that I've ever regretted watching. Hopefully if they make a Star Wars movie, they'll use real stuff instead of green screen the entire time. Pirates of the Caribbean is one of my favorite series of movies simply because Disney had some really funny characters and a great story so it was fun for all ages. Lucas tried to make a film series that was fun for all ages, but failed in every way possible. So maybe there is hope after all for Star Wars now that Disney owns Lucas Films.
Off playing Real Life.

Offline Kotor

• Kuvling
  • UUUGH! THE STRESS!
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 05:45:34 PM »
Star Wars episode 7: a new hope (for the franchise)
Seems legit. I'd love to hear the plot on that one. Now I'm kinda excited
I just go with the flow. Why? Cuz I'm a River, it's kinda my thing, path of least resistance and what not. . .

Offline Draque

• Kuvvie
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 06:56:32 PM »
Honestly, the franchise can only go uphill at this point, so I don't see what all the fuss is about.  Disney buying it might turn out to be a good thing, who knows?

Offline Dreaker

• Dragon
  • He who lurks around
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 11:02:23 PM »
George Lucas, the man who created star wars, ruined it for me because he made the terrible 1-3 movies
Okey guys. I grew up on Star Wars. I wanted to be Han Solo. But Lucas' original Star Wars wasn't that good either. The greatest thing about it was the

Offline Astrobia

• Elder Kuvrahk
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 01:10:38 AM »
Okey guys. I grew up on Star Wars. I wanted to be Han Solo. But Lucas' original Star Wars wasn't that good either. The greatest thing about it was the

Oh my gosh! So true! MY favourite thing was also the!
~"Icecream is love."~

Offline Dreaker

• Dragon
  • He who lurks around
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 09:39:36 AM »
Okey who ate the rest of my post!?
new feeling. Despite the whole force thing it was/is one of the most realistic space sci fi around

Offline Jay Chan

• Dragon
  • When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade...
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2012, 11:48:31 AM »
Despite the whole force thing it was/is one of the most realistic space sci fi around
After Star Trek of course, but that's a whole separate topic.

I've heard several tentative things about Episode 7, and I know Disney's reputation when it comes to sequels.
At this point I can only sit back and wait until they've actually got something, THEN I'll go into critic mode.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit Altum Sonatur.

"I know it sounds ridiculous that a game as simple as ours doesn't run at 1000 frames/second, but there are always opportunities to write obscenely slow code, and we took most of them"

Offline Dreaker

• Dragon
  • He who lurks around
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2012, 01:06:59 PM »
After Star Trek of course, but that's a whole separate topic.
Star Trek seems realistic but if you think about it has some part that hard to accept.

At this point I can only sit back and wait until they've actually got something, THEN I'll go into critic mode.
You a a rare type of human.

Offline Astrobia

• Elder Kuvrahk
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2012, 01:18:00 PM »
I don't see why, pretty much every core technology in star trek has been mathematically proven or actually prototyped at this stage, warp drive is proven viable, NASA is building an impulse engine. Matter transmission was demonstrated years ago... And we actually have working hard light holograms now.

Still, the most realistic space sci fi is Firefly. :-P

As fro the Disney sequels, I take you you aren't looking forward to Ironman 3, or Thor 2, or the Hulk 2 (Which might be the first actual good Hulk film by current projections)?
~"Icecream is love."~

Altermeta Community

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2012, 01:18:00 PM »