Author Topic: Should we have more font choices in the font menu?  (Read 1932 times)

Offline Twiggy

• Kuvvie
  • The Fuzzy Bat-Dragon
    • TwigZone
Should we have more font choices in the font menu?
« on: January 11, 2013, 10:52:20 AM »
I do recognize that these fonts are extremely common, given that they are the web-safe fonts, or rather, Core Fonts for the Web. Still, sometimes, I feel like we could have more of them these days, and given that these fonts are extremely common on Windows computers, perhaps I'd like to see some Calibri, Consolas, Cambria, and Segoe UI. What do you think? At least it would make it a bit more obvious for people that don't feel like manually editing the BBCode.

Altermeta Community

Should we have more font choices in the font menu?
« on: January 11, 2013, 10:52:20 AM »

Offline Caltsar

• The Unspeakably
  • Administrator
  • Dragon
  • mewp!
    • caltsar.com
Re: Should we have more font choices in the font menu?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 05:57:46 PM »
The fonts aren't something that I can easily change. I've looked into it before but I don't encourage people to use fonts... besides, the web browser often overrides the choice anyway.

Offline Twiggy

• Kuvvie
  • The Fuzzy Bat-Dragon
    • TwigZone
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 06:11:25 PM »
The fonts aren't something that I can easily change. I've looked into it before but I don't encourage people to use fonts... besides, the web browser often overrides the choice anyway.

Hmm... interesting. So that's how SMF works, huh? The web browser part seems to be something very odd, though, since given CSS cascading rules, if there is no !important declaration in the way, the very last one gets it.

Offline Caltsar

• The Unspeakably
  • Administrator
  • Dragon
  • mewp!
    • caltsar.com
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 06:25:11 PM »
Many browsers ignore a lot of font settings. I also would rather not deal with anything it may break... mucking about with templates isn't very easy and this is a rather large and complicated software package.