Author Topic: So what's your favourite music genre?  (Read 1780 times)

Offline Twiggy

• Kuvvie
  • The Fuzzy Bat-Dragon
    • TwigZone
So what's your favourite music genre?
« on: January 15, 2013, 05:36:01 PM »
I like pop. I wonder why...

One thing that I do know is that slightly older pop (early 2000s, late 90s) makes me want to dance.

Altermeta Community

So what's your favourite music genre?
« on: January 15, 2013, 05:36:01 PM »

Offline Quentarus

• Kuvling
  • To bring Chaos Out of Order
    • Light's Tear on Deviantart!
Re: So what's your favourite music genre?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 06:21:25 PM »
I like pop. I wonder why...

One thing that I do know is that slightly older pop (early 2000s, late 90s) makes me want to dance.
Mine is Symphonic metal... Which is usually hard to find, stuff like Nighwish or Within Temptation
There will be a day where you know who I am, it's just not right now.

Offline Dreaker

• Dragon
  • He who lurks around
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 08:10:54 PM »
I listen a very wide list of genres. I believe that every singer and band can have a good song.
Secret activity in process. Please look elsewhere.

Offline Russ

• Dragon
  • Rawr!
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 12:33:27 AM »
Anything but- disco, rap/hip-hop, country and western, elevator muzak  =)

Offline Jay Chan

• Dragon
  • When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade...
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 08:29:59 AM »
I've both liked and disliked a wide variety of things in just about every genre, so I can't just take a genre and give an all-encompassing yes or no. I do like songs of most every genre, but there are certainly a few that (with a few exceptions) I just can't stand. For instance there are one or two hip-hop songs that I like, but the majority of them are just painful. Country is a similar story, and most modern pop just drives me up the wall. I can get into hard metal/alternative rock like Rammstein or Metallica, but the vocals usually are too harsh and turn me off pretty quickly. Green Day has earned my respect as the exception to the rules of punk rock. Most of the popular/classic rock music from the 60s 70s and 80s does well in my book; Everything fromt The Cars to The Beatles to Dire Straits to Peter Gabriel. Electronica from the 70s-80s era also tends to be pretty good, especially since I tend to gravitate towards instrumentals in all genres.

My iTunes library is among the more eclectic I've seen. I've got the likes of the Allman Brothers next to Apocalyptica, and Breaking Benjamin next to Pink Floyd and Yo-Yo Ma.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit Altum Sonatur.

"I know it sounds ridiculous that a game as simple as ours doesn't run at 1000 frames/second, but there are always opportunities to write obscenely slow code, and we took most of them"