Author Topic: Viewing the forums on iPhone  (Read 2270 times)

Offline Jay Chan

• Dragon
  • When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade...
Viewing the forums on iPhone
« on: May 08, 2013, 04:57:28 PM »
I've been pulling out my phone on the boring bus rides to and from campus to read and post for a while now, but recently something changed and I don't know why. Suddenly the formatting or the way it reads the html or something made my iPhone stop displaying half the website graphics and just arrange a bunch of hyperlinks on top of each other.
See attached images.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit Altum Sonatur.

"I know it sounds ridiculous that a game as simple as ours doesn't run at 1000 frames/second, but there are always opportunities to write obscenely slow code, and we took most of them"

Altermeta Community

Viewing the forums on iPhone
« on: May 08, 2013, 04:57:28 PM »

Offline Balding

• Elder Kuvrahk
  • Confused Alien is confused.
Re: Viewing the forums on iPhone
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 05:25:29 PM »
That's weird.  I'm using my iPhone now and it doesn't look like that.  I'm using the chrome browser though, not safari.  I'll open it up and see what it looks like there.

Nope, looks normal in safari.  Do you have some sort of bandwidth limiter enabled?  It might be your phone is limiting the amount of data it downloads to save your data package.  Just a hypothesis.

Offline Caltsar

• The Unspeakably
  • Administrator
  • Dragon
  • mewp!
    • caltsar.com
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 06:37:36 PM »
My phone is showing the site normally as well... unfortunately I do not know what is causing your issue.

Offline Lisbon Virgo

• Adult Member
  • Dragon
  • What? No, seriously what?
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 01:45:19 AM »
It's your signal. The phone is pulling in the WAP version of the site instead of the normal view due to your data speed. I've had it do that to me on both my iPod Touch on wifi (cat sitting on the router) and my Windows Phone while out and about. Once you have a stronger data signal it should go back to normal.
Risha and Jay Chan? Yeah, I ship'em.

Offline Jay Chan

• Dragon
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 01:56:46 AM »
It's your signal. The phone is pulling in the WAP version of the site instead of the normal view due to your data speed. I've had it do that to me on both my iPod Touch on wifi (cat sitting on the router) and my Windows Phone while out and about. Once you have a stronger data signal it should go back to normal.

That's weird, but looks right. Now why does it keep pulling the WAP site if I've still got four bars and 3G?

"I know it sounds ridiculous that a game as simple as ours doesn't run at 1000 frames/second, but there are always opportunities to write obscenely slow code, and we took most of them"

Offline Twiggy

• Kuvvie
  • The Fuzzy Bat-Dragon
    • TwigZone
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 06:40:15 PM »
It's not a WAP issue. Even WAP is styled slightly and must be invoked separately on Altermeta Community.

This looks more like a case of CSS not being downloaded/applied.

Try browsing the site with a Wi-Fi connection. If the issue persists, I'm afraid that you'll need to clear out your browser cache. If that does not help, obliterate everything.

Offline Jay Chan

• Dragon
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 07:17:44 PM »
I have gotten this issue on Wi-Fi as well as the data connection. It hasn't shown me the proper site for a while now. I'll try the cache.