Poll

Would you prefer...?

A couple of chapters per comic book.
3 (13%)
A larger book with a collection of the whole thing in one big tome.
20 (87%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: If AM were to get printed...  (Read 10364 times)

Offline Freemantwin

• Kuvling
Re: If AM were to get printed...
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2013, 11:48:01 PM »
Dreaker, join the Hungarian military as military police and get deployed here to Egypt. the MFO (Multinational Force & Observers) uses an APO address so its almost like living in the states. lol
[Titan For Hire]

Altermeta Community

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2013, 11:48:01 PM »

Offline Wraa

• Dragon
  • Your trusted friend in Science
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2013, 02:29:09 AM »
I keep throwing money at the screen.... it does nothing!

Seriously though, either way, I'm all for it.
"You don't wheedle the god of the Dragons, even if he is your father."

Offline Dreaker

• Dragon
  • He who lurks around
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2013, 09:30:12 AM »
Dreaker, join the Hungarian military as military police and get deployed here to Egypt. the MFO (Multinational Force & Observers) uses an APO address so its almost like living in the states. lol
Heh.. I doubt they would employ me. No army with self esteem would hire me.. My be the French Army..
Secret activity in process. Please look elsewhere.

Offline Draque

• Kuvvie
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2013, 03:16:47 PM »
I'm definitely interested in this.  Do you know what the price point would be yet?

Offline Wraa

• Dragon
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2013, 06:14:14 PM »
You're right on that one, Cal.  It would get pretty hefty.

I went over it this morning, and it's 115 pages of content, give or take a few details of added pages and footnotes for the printed version. And it won't include Nemesis (I so dearly want to complete that simple, old storyline)
After all is said and done, it will be 116 pages of comics, footnotes, a cover for that series, and pinups in the back, at 8x10.5 inches (the size and thickness of a magazine) and the cost would be about $20 for anyone to purchase, plus shipping and handling.

The plan is 100 copies of it, regardless of the type of book.  It's a huge investment, my friends and I are looking at kickstarter or indiegogo or some such places for this.  No solid decision is made yet.    I'll take suggestions if anyone has them.

This is what Noben is quoting thus far, given it still looks like a work in progress, I would guess that the price might be a little on either side.

Offline Risha Kalsyhan

• RotW RPG Beta
  • Dragon
  • WWJD: What would Janeway do?
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2013, 06:32:33 PM »
And in a few more years time, We might be talking about Altermeta: Volume 2.
Yes, we are going to fight back. But not here, not now, not in the Colonies. Not even in this star system. Let the word go forth to every man, woman and child who survived this holocaust. Tell them to set sail at once in every assorted vehicle that will carry them.

Battlestar Galactica (1978)

Offline Wraa

• Dragon
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2013, 06:54:25 PM »
Years? I hope not so long. If we the fans make it successful..... it may happen a lot faster!

Offline DarkCompanion

• Altermeta's Loud Mouth
  • Dragon
  • It's a matter of topics, not posts.
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2013, 04:38:10 AM »
Uhm...

I'm going to be the devil's advocate here. Sorry if this sounds upsetting at all, but it already sounds like you've got plenty of people willing to toss some money your way for a copy of the book.

The problem being that the book would only contain the comics from the old archive. Yes, that in itself is the problem. You are going to charge people some $20.00 for comics they can find on the website for free. While you could always just say, "Fine we'll remove the old archive and make it only viewable through the book," There are still people out there who have downloaded every single page from the old archives and will likely go sharing them around if you decided to take such measures.

And yes, there are people who would do that.

So what would be my incentive to pay $20.00 for one of these books other than for bragging rights that I have a hard copy version of this comic? If you made 100 copies and only sold 3 of them, would that be much of a profit?

What I'm getting at is: Perhaps you could include a few pages of art that cannot be found anywhere else. Perhaps a full body drawing of every single character on their own, then a 'wallpaper image' with the gang all together in one image, and then for those who pay you ahead of time, give them a commission image within their individual copy (perhaps a document / page that's just tucked away under the cover) of their character as a Kuvrahk.

Basically make the art 'exclusive' where people can only see it if they buy your book. That would make purchasing the original comic in a hard cover copy a bit more attractive.
Off playing Real Life.

Offline Risha Kalsyhan

• RotW RPG Beta
  • Dragon
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2013, 04:40:45 AM »
I second that motion.
Yes, we are going to fight back. But not here, not now, not in the Colonies. Not even in this star system. Let the word go forth to every man, woman and child who survived this holocaust. Tell them to set sail at once in every assorted vehicle that will carry them.

Offline Noben

• A deity among you.
  • Administrator
  • Dragon
    • Altermeta
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2013, 05:14:42 AM »
I thought I had that covered when I mentioned  footnotes, a cover for that series, and pinups in the back, at 8x10.5 inches.

Sorry, I guess I forgot where my place was.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 03:25:31 PM by Noben »
Gods don't kill people.
People with gods kill people.

Beginning April 5th, 2010...
Official Catgirl Body Count: 36

Offline Russ

• Dragon
  • Rawr!
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2013, 05:19:05 AM »
No problem. Glad the ideas are forming on this.

Hope you're having a great evening and weekend.

Offline Balding

• Elder Kuvrahk
  • Confused Alien is confused.
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2013, 08:04:27 AM »
I think that "Book One" could be the old comic.  I'm not sure I have any suggestions on how to fit in the "ancient time" series.  Separate that from "Book Two" which starts with the new comic going to whatever chapter you decide to end with.  Realistically I think the division between the old and new comics might be hard to rectify in one book.  Just my two bits.

Offline Noben

• A deity among you.
  • Administrator
  • Dragon
    • Altermeta
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2013, 08:54:21 AM »
That's why i said I want to dearly finish Nemesis. It's the actual tie in. Right now I have it written as a flashback. (moreso than Sasha's telling of the scrunchy exorcising)  I would love for it to be divided, and I would print the rest as well. But I figure it would keep the cost low on taking in something like a kickstarter type thing.

I'm going over tiers and such, reward for different levels.   Because well, I can dream can't I? X)  I have no idea if it would even be a success, so really it's just speculation.  I'll have a decision on the 19th, that's the kuvvy birthday. ^^
Gods don't kill people.
People with gods kill people.

Beginning April 5th, 2010...
Official Catgirl Body Count: 36

Offline Risha Kalsyhan

• RotW RPG Beta
  • Dragon
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2013, 04:52:29 PM »
By all means! Finish Nemesis! AND the Ancient times series! I want to find out how it ends!

Offline Wraa

• Dragon
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2013, 06:22:14 PM »
Even with the whole of the old comic downloaded. Yes, I will by the book, as I prefer a hard copy anyday. Plus the bonus of supporting future developments is a win win to me.

Altermeta Community

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2013, 06:22:14 PM »