Author Topic: Dreams, Continuity and You!  (Read 14107 times)

Offline Russ

• Dragon
  • Rawr!
Re: Dreams, Continuity and You!
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2013, 03:32:38 AM »
Mine was dreamless the last 2 or 3.

Altermeta Community

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2013, 03:32:38 AM »

Offline MeepSire

• Elder Kuvrahk
  • Teleport Expert First Class
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2013, 06:27:38 AM »
Same here...

But when I do dream, half of them take place an take labyrinth of my mind. Like jumping into a dream while in a dream... Difficult to describe...
"But, but, I still check the forum..."

Offline Dreaker

• Dragon
  • He who lurks around
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2013, 04:18:36 PM »
Secret activity in process. Please look elsewhere.

Offline Balding

• Elder Kuvrahk
  • Confused Alien is confused.
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2013, 08:07:28 PM »
I had a dream once about my car. For some reason or another someone wanted to buy it.  I was doing my best to convince them not to so I demanded 20,000 cash for it. They agreed and wanted to drive it... I specifically remember at the end I was starting to wake up saying "please don't take my car away."

I guess I like my car.  =)

Offline MeepSire

• Elder Kuvrahk
  • Teleport Expert First Class
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2013, 07:21:19 AM »
The other night, my dream was a perfect replay of a video I had previously watched... It was like I was back in front of the screen...
"But, but, I still check the forum..."

Offline Jay Chan

• Dragon
  • When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade...
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2013, 08:26:39 AM »
I had a dream once about my car. For some reason or another someone wanted to buy it.  I was doing my best to convince them not to so I demanded 20,000 cash for it. They agreed and wanted to drive it... I specifically remember at the end I was starting to wake up saying "please don't take my car away."

I guess I like my car.  =)

Not that it'd happen, but I don't think I'd sell my car unless someone offered an absolutely outrageous amount for it, like a year's salary or more.
For a beat up 20-year-old old Volvo 850 wagon x3
I grew up in that car...

Speaking of which, I had a dream a few nights ago about being a racing driver and getting badmouthed by one of tha other drivers at a race. I was driving that car around the track when I passed the other guy in his schmancy Ferarri, the track turned into a windy mountain road, and I was suddenly in the backseat, and I was too young to drive, and my dad lost control and took us through the guardrail and off the cliff down toward the river. And then I woke up.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit Altum Sonatur.

"I know it sounds ridiculous that a game as simple as ours doesn't run at 1000 frames/second, but there are always opportunities to write obscenely slow code, and we took most of them"

Offline Wraa

• Dragon
  • Your trusted friend in Science
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2013, 04:10:45 PM »
I don't know how many people watch Sci Show and Hank Green, but I enjoy it.
http://youtu.be/XB7HqZc2p2Y
"You don't wheedle the god of the Dragons, even if he is your father."

Offline Risha Kalsyhan

• RotW RPG Beta
  • Dragon
  • WWJD: What would Janeway do?
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2014, 11:44:31 PM »
*perfoms CPR on the thread*

I recently had a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles dream. But first, some background information relevant to my dream:

In 2008 (I think) A TMNT made-for-TV movie called "Turtles Forever" was made in which the 2003-ish incarnations for the "Heroes on the Half-Shell" had to team up with their 1980s counterparts, as well as a third version of the Fearsome Foursome from a black and white graphic novel universe in order to stop 2003-ish Shredder and his multiverse-erasing superweapon. *nearly faints from oxygen deprivation*

Anyhow, I dreamed I was in the aftermath of a similar situation, but with a different three sets of turtles and their respective sensei. The sixteen of us were in an apartment eating pizza and playing video games and whatnot (Am I not turrrtley enough for your turrrtle club?). All three Splinters went to take their afternoon nap or meditate or whatever, And things were about get steamy, and I mean really steamy, between me and the Heroes on the Half-Shell (all 12 of them) when, all of a sudden, my alarm went off and I woke up. Dammit.
Yes, we are going to fight back. But not here, not now, not in the Colonies. Not even in this star system. Let the word go forth to every man, woman and child who survived this holocaust. Tell them to set sail at once in every assorted vehicle that will carry them.

Battlestar Galactica (1978)

Offline Wraa

• Dragon
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2014, 01:20:40 AM »
Well, I don't know about all the turtles... Does it count as bestiality if it is a mutant animal?
Dunno... That might be considered a slippery slope, but hey, it's a dream, right?

Now April O'Neil from the 1990s era? Yellow jumpsuit and all.....
Yes please!

Offline Liram

• Dragon
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2014, 07:11:41 AM »
Well, I don't know about all the turtles... Does it count as bestiality if it is a mutant animal?
Dunno... That might be considered a slippery slope, but hey, it's a dream, right?

Now April O'Neil from the 1990s era? Yellow jumpsuit and all.....
Yes please!

Careful there, you bring April out of the comics and you might have to contend with Casey and he's always got that golf club or hockey stick thing so

Offline Sparky Bluefang

• Winged Guardian
  • Administrator
  • Elder Kuvrahk
    • Bluefang-Logic Networks
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2014, 07:18:27 AM »
Goongala, mother#*$%^#! Don't mess with the Jones, unless you don't like your teeth :)

I used to have pretty weird and vivid dreams, especially if I spent 12 hours+ binge watching anime. The weirdest war probably after watching the entire run of Xam'd: Lost Memories. But for the past couple years I've been getting 4-6 hours of sleep, and I pretty much just pass-out most nights.

Though I will admit to enjoying lazy weekend mornings letting my imagination run wild... a bit of a detriment to productivity though when I start my day after noon <_<

Offline SleepingBeau

• Kuvvie
  • On the backs of turtles we stride
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2014, 01:42:00 PM »
But for the past couple years I've been getting 4-6 hours of sleep...
lol might wanna read up on the health ramifications of long term sleep deficiency. People that get less sleep are pretty much guaranteed to have a rougher time in their older years than everyone else.

Strange dreams? You have no idea. About 80% of my dreams are varying degrees of horror, and the rest are either completely innocuous or just completely nonsensically bizarre. Since the horror dreams are the worst, most scary things I've ever known, I tend to forget all but the most unsettlingly weird ones. The only reoccurring themes are zombies and me dying. Oh and trying to run but feeling like the air is so solid it slows me down to slower than walking speed. Haven't had any zombie dreams for awhile now, though...

Everything else seems to be an exercise in what novel new ways my brain can fuck with me. It's learned how to make me feel things in a hyper-realistic way. I'll feel textures or soft flesh or biting sharpness. I'll skip a description of the worst things I've felt..

About 5 or 6 years ago my brain learned how have dreams follow me into the waking world for a few minutes. I would see, feel, and hear. Man that was unsettling... Thankfully my brain stopped those really bad ones. Now all it does is wake me up with the illusion that my bed is shaking as if from an earthquake.

It's also learned how to take from my surroundings to make me believe that the dream is real, but trap me in sleep so I can't wake out of it. I'll skip those stories... Well, I did have one that was straight out of Silent Hill. That was both really scary and pretty cool.

Now, with increasing frequency, my dreams have been having real impacts on my nervous system. I'll wake because I've stopped breathing, because in my dream I had died and stopped breathing. A few times when I've died in my dreams I've felt my pulse slowing, and that feeling followed me to the waking world, except in that case it wasn't an illusion. I've woken up sobbing from some terrible tragedies, or woken up after I've finished crying for someone that meant everything to me, and felt completely hollow, exhausted and despondent, as if nothing in the world mattered anymore.

I love sleeping, but sometimes I really hate sleeping T_T
And the cackling coyote said to the wolf, "Then what will be left to eat but the fat off your lies and my gamey pointless riddles?"

Offline Wraa

• Dragon
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2014, 03:28:53 PM »
Careful there, you bring April out of the comics and you might have to contend with Casey and he's always got that golf club or hockey stick thing so

They never seemed to have a thing in the cartoon series.

Offline Risha Kalsyhan

• RotW RPG Beta
  • Dragon
  • WWJD: What would Janeway do?
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2014, 01:06:27 AM »
lol might wanna read up on the health ramifications of long term sleep deficiency. People that get less sleep are pretty much guaranteed to have a rougher time in their older years than everyone else.

Strange dreams? You have no idea. About 80% of my dreams are varying degrees of horror, and the rest are either completely innocuous or just completely nonsensically bizarre. Since the horror dreams are the worst, most scary things I've ever known, I tend to forget all but the most unsettlingly weird ones. The only reoccurring themes are zombies and me dying. Oh and trying to run but feeling like the air is so solid it slows me down to slower than walking speed. Haven't had any zombie dreams for awhile now, though...

Everything else seems to be an exercise in what novel new ways my brain can fuck with me. It's learned how to make me feel things in a hyper-realistic way. I'll feel textures or soft flesh or biting sharpness. I'll skip a description of the worst things I've felt..

About 5 or 6 years ago my brain learned how have dreams follow me into the waking world for a few minutes. I would see, feel, and hear. Man that was unsettling... Thankfully my brain stopped those really bad ones. Now all it does is wake me up with the illusion that my bed is shaking as if from an earthquake.

It's also learned how to take from my surroundings to make me believe that the dream is real, but trap me in sleep so I can't wake out of it. I'll skip those stories... Well, I did have one that was straight out of Silent Hill. That was both really scary and pretty cool.

Now, with increasing frequency, my dreams have been having real impacts on my nervous system. I'll wake because I've stopped breathing, because in my dream I had died and stopped breathing. A few times when I've died in my dreams I've felt my pulse slowing, and that feeling followed me to the waking world, except in that case it wasn't an illusion. I've woken up sobbing from some terrible tragedies, or woken up after I've finished crying for someone that meant everything to me, and felt completely hollow, exhausted and despondent, as if nothing in the world mattered anymore.

I love sleeping, but sometimes I really hate sleeping T_T

O.O

...Give me your brain.

In all seriousness, though, I sometimes have a dream follow me into the waking world, too. Not in the same way it does for you, though. Basically, I can continue the dream in my head fro a few minutes after I wake up, or if I can get back to sleep right away, I pick up where I left off.
Yes, we are going to fight back. But not here, not now, not in the Colonies. Not even in this star system. Let the word go forth to every man, woman and child who survived this holocaust. Tell them to set sail at once in every assorted vehicle that will carry them.

Battlestar Galactica (1978)

Offline Liram

• Dragon
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2014, 06:29:34 AM »
I like the ones where you're not quite asleep, but not quite awake either. When I have those I don't get to control the setting or people involved, but I have situational control and things work out like I want them to. That's usually in the morning when I'm trying to stay in bed, now when I'm trying to fall asleep I always have a couple real short dreams where I trip and start to fall then jerk awake, it kinda sucks but the falling illusion is so real it's kinda cool too. It's amazing what our minds can conjure up when they're not doing anything useful.

Altermeta Community

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2014, 06:29:34 AM »