Author Topic: Criticisms of the rest of the world.  (Read 36969 times)

Offline MeepSire

• Elder Kuvrahk
  • Teleport Expert First Class
Criticisms of the rest of the world.
« on: October 18, 2013, 08:16:58 AM »
I just thought it'd be funny to have a thread of comments on the rest of the world...
"But, but, I still check the forum..."

Altermeta Community

Criticisms of the rest of the world.
« on: October 18, 2013, 08:16:58 AM »

Offline Liram

• Dragon
Re: Criticisms of the rest of the world.
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 05:22:03 PM »
You mean outside of the people who read Altermeta? Their biggest problem is perhaps that they don't read AM, secondly I would say... I dunno war?

Offline MeepSire

• Elder Kuvrahk
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 04:05:28 AM »
I'd have to complain about stubborn politicians. And forum lurkers that wait five yours before making an account... lol :)

Offline Liram

• Dragon
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 05:09:43 AM »
They are indeed the worst, if they would only vote for the comic that would be a huge boon. Secretly I'm hoping this comment enticed them to create an account so they can tell me how much they do vote

Offline Balding

• Elder Kuvrahk
  • Confused Alien is confused.
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 05:48:20 PM »
Sand and wasps.  Those are my two big gripes about the rest of the world.  Then maybe mosquitoes.

Offline Risha Kalsyhan

• RotW RPG Beta
  • Dragon
  • WWJD: What would Janeway do?
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 06:01:37 PM »
The rest of the world (or at least the rest of the internet) apparently thinks I'm fat. I keep getting ads for weight loss products. I'm as thin as a toothpick.
Yes, we are going to fight back. But not here, not now, not in the Colonies. Not even in this star system. Let the word go forth to every man, woman and child who survived this holocaust. Tell them to set sail at once in every assorted vehicle that will carry them.

Battlestar Galactica (1978)

Offline Balding

• Elder Kuvrahk
  • Confused Alien is confused.
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 08:08:12 PM »
That's not so bad, I keep getting spam emails for senior's dating sites.  By my count I'm not quite 50+ yet.

Offline Lisbon Virgo

• Adult Member
  • Dragon
  • What? No, seriously what?
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2013, 10:19:41 PM »
One of my biggest criticisms is that most of the world likes garbage pop music instead of glorious progressive rock/metal.
Risha and Jay Chan? Yeah, I ship'em.

Offline Russ

• Dragon
  • Rawr!
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 04:42:43 AM »
Sand and wasps.  Those are my two big gripes about the rest of the world.  Then maybe mosquitoes.

Do what I did, build a swimming pool... all three go into there and die, leaving me to clean the filters...

Offline Russ

• Dragon
  • Rawr!
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 04:49:28 AM »
The rest of the world (or at least the rest of the internet) apparently thinks I'm fat. I keep getting ads for weight loss products. I'm as thin as a toothpick.

Its cookie driven and usually triggered with a purchase.

I ordered some weight plates for my home gym and next thing I know the date sites are ones for Bodybuilder women (massive and frightening) wanting my...  :O =( :O =( :O =( hide!

And I helped someone order a cane- simple walking assisted living cane... The date sites responded and actually have one with disability and amputee clients. You can profile to meet only singles missing the limbs of your choice - bizarre!

After no activity for a few days they revert to Christian-Mingle. Also does this on sundays!

Offline Risha Kalsyhan

• RotW RPG Beta
  • Dragon
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 05:01:22 AM »
Huh. For whatever reason, I get ads for dating sites specializing in Chinese and Russian Women, and Middle-Aged White Men. I have NO idea where that came from.
Yes, we are going to fight back. But not here, not now, not in the Colonies. Not even in this star system. Let the word go forth to every man, woman and child who survived this holocaust. Tell them to set sail at once in every assorted vehicle that will carry them.

Offline Liram

• Dragon
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 06:10:37 AM »
Mine are relatively mild compared to your all's, I get a lot of email from office depot offering me outdated office supplies ever since I went in to buy a ribbon for my typewriter.

Offline MeepSire

• Elder Kuvrahk
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2013, 06:34:25 AM »
For the past few months, I have gotten ads for free credit score, loans for the desperate, random dating sites, and tons of stuff targeted at old people. And I'm nowhere near the three decade mark!

Offline Jay Chan

• Dragon
  • When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade...
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2013, 09:17:35 AM »
I'm still getting luxury watch spam in my inbox for some reason. Along with a couple about car loans, AT&T, and... dog food? I have never owned a dog in my life...
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit Altum Sonatur.

"I know it sounds ridiculous that a game as simple as ours doesn't run at 1000 frames/second, but there are always opportunities to write obscenely slow code, and we took most of them"

Offline Risha Kalsyhan

• RotW RPG Beta
  • Dragon
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2013, 05:49:59 PM »
Mine are relatively mild compared to your all's, I get a lot of email from office depot offering me outdated office supplies ever since I went in to buy a ribbon for my typewriter.
You can get typewriter ribbons at Office Depot?!

Altermeta Community

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2013, 05:49:59 PM »