Author Topic: Adobe Photoshop Photography Program (PS + LR + Behance + cloud storage for US$10  (Read 3327 times)

Offline Twiggy

• Kuvvie
  • The Fuzzy Bat-Dragon
    • TwigZone
You can find the deal for Photoshop Photography Program here. It's a monthly subscription that's renewed every year, so for the first year, it'd be US$120. As for whether the rate sticks, a lot of signs point to freakin' yes.

In fact, I've already signed up. Thought it might be a good idea to make this known to more people, since, well, this offer's open to anyone. It was originally for users of older Photoshop CSes.

Altermeta Community

Offline MeepSire

• Elder Kuvrahk
  • Teleport Expert First Class
I'd say that's a pretty good deal as far as Adobe creative stuff goes. If a did purely photography I'd be downloading it right now, but I like having the entire suite.

I presume they give free updates?
"But, but, I still check the forum..."

Offline Twiggy

• Kuvvie
  • The Fuzzy Bat-Dragon
    • TwigZone
I'd say that's a pretty good deal as far as Adobe creative stuff goes. If a did purely photography I'd be downloading it right now, but I like having the entire suite.

I presume they give free updates?

As long as you're subscribed. In fact, you can't use the programs if you stop your subscription.

Offline Balding

• Elder Kuvrahk
  • Confused Alien is confused.
I can't really see a subscription like this being anything but a money pit, unless there's not contract/commitment that says you have to keep paying for years.  I suspect most people who have PS use it rarely so paying the subscription would be like getting Netflix and never watching anything.  If you use it all the time then it's just cheaper in the long run to buy the program and have it.  If there's no commitment then you can subscribe for a month for $10 then cancel your subscription and you just got to use PS for next to nothing, but as you said, it's for a year. 

And as I've said before here somewhere, I don't trust the "cloud."  Where is it and who had access to it?  Odd thing to say when my kinect is on top of my TV staring at me right now, but still.  :P

Now this is just me throwing out my opinions.  I just don't care for subscription services like this.

Offline Wraa

• Dragon
  • Your trusted friend in Science
Having worked with Adobe in the past, I can tell you their 'subscription rates' can be a flat out joke, not to mention headaches from software that requires a subscription.
"You don't wheedle the god of the Dragons, even if he is your father."

Offline MeepSire

• Elder Kuvrahk
Well, in the short term it can be better than an expensive suite... (I still prefer the suites :))

Offline Wraa

• Dragon
  • Your trusted friend in Science
Suites can be nice, but often you end up paying for software you may never use.
"You don't wheedle the god of the Dragons, even if he is your father."

Offline MeepSire

• Elder Kuvrahk
Very true. Though it'd be neat if you could bundle just the programs you use and leave out the rest...