Author Topic: New faces  (Read 5845 times)

Offline Risha Kalsyhan

• RotW RPG Beta
  • Dragon
  • WWJD: What would Janeway do?
Re: New faces
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2013, 11:46:58 PM »
O.O Th' hell?
Yes, we are going to fight back. But not here, not now, not in the Colonies. Not even in this star system. Let the word go forth to every man, woman and child who survived this holocaust. Tell them to set sail at once in every assorted vehicle that will carry them.

Battlestar Galactica (1978)

Altermeta Community

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2013, 11:46:58 PM »

Offline SleepingBeau

• Kuvvie
  • On the backs of turtles we stride
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2013, 12:28:00 AM »
Oh don't mind him. He's mostly harmless. *Takes what's left of the clipboard, flips a page over and flourishes a quick signature "Beau" in cursive with a little heart at the end* Done! Thanks luv. Sorry about the clipboard.
And the cackling coyote said to the wolf, "Then what will be left to eat but the fat off your lies and my gamey pointless riddles?"

Offline Risha Kalsyhan

• RotW RPG Beta
  • Dragon
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2013, 12:34:16 AM »
Uhh, y-yeah. ...Enjoy your plushie... *runs away*
Yes, we are going to fight back. But not here, not now, not in the Colonies. Not even in this star system. Let the word go forth to every man, woman and child who survived this holocaust. Tell them to set sail at once in every assorted vehicle that will carry them.

Offline Lisbon Virgo

• Adult Member
  • Dragon
  • What? No, seriously what?
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2013, 12:37:56 AM »
@Lisbon Virgo - Unfortunately that isn't so :). But thank you for popcorn. Popcorn and french pastry. Who'd have known it'd taste so good? I'll stay away from the bottom, however. The statistical likelihood that the wormhole won't instantly kill me is so far beyond negligible I don't even feel a tinkling of my usual curiosity.
I think we've only encountered the wormholes twice. No one here in the forums has thus far experienced one. The Cthulhu Incident only happen once in the lab. Of course, predicting just what's on the other side of a portable is a crapshoot, so your mileage may vary! :D

I mean, how could one predict a herd of elephants would come out of a small bag of popcorn?!
Risha and Jay Chan? Yeah, I ship'em.

Offline Russ

• Dragon
  • Rawr!
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2013, 02:43:33 AM »
*walks up to Beau holding a clipboard and a pen as the roar of a jet engine is heard overhead and a laser-guided cardboard box falls out of the sky, landing at his feet* Sign here, please.

If this shipping method is compromised, I have ideas for one more. The plushies are compressed/dehydrated down into a single tiny capsule, they are fully reconstituted with alcohol. The courier can even carry several rectally without being detected. Its been fully proven in the labs, except that minor incident when they celebrated the process being approved with margaritas...Ole'

Offline Risha Kalsyhan

• RotW RPG Beta
  • Dragon
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2013, 03:24:51 AM »
Oy, Vey.

Offline confusedcious

• Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • Triple Threat Librarian
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2013, 05:05:29 AM »
Sleeping beau... Masculine form of sleeping beauty, yuss?

Also? The margarita incident explains that screaming, yes?

Thanks to Russ for the sig!

Offline Lisbon Virgo

• Adult Member
  • Dragon
  • What? No, seriously what?
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2013, 05:09:51 AM »
And that idea came from Russ and not me?!
Risha and Jay Chan? Yeah, I ship'em.

Offline Zenanor

• Elder Kuvrahk
  • Real life is sorted out soon!
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2013, 05:42:55 AM »
Welcome SleepingBeau! Excuse my tardiness, I had business elsewhere.

*Offers SleepingBeau some Welcome PastryTM of his choice*

Now, remember that whenever someone steals something you just spray Dreaker with water, if he didn't do then he most likely deserve it for another reason.

*Flies off to the magical world of mathemagics*
Funny how most forum signatures aren't actually signatures, but instead are some witty comment.
Except Balding, that cheeky bugger.

Offline Jay Chan

• Dragon
  • When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade...
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2013, 09:38:27 AM »
@Jchan1e - Oh baby, keep whispering them sweet kinematic nothings in my ear <3. Nowadays that linkage isn't terribly complex to innovate, but 200 years ago...that's something else. My own favorite is the Peaucellier Linkage, about 150 years ago. My uncle has a huge machine in his workshop, probably 10 feet long, 5 feet wide and 7 feet tall, and on each end is a Peaucellier linkage (the straight line drawn by the linkage is horizontal) which holds a horizontal beam that stretches the 10 feet length. Off one side of the beam is a counterweight to the 8 machining heads on the other. The bank of machining heads is also set on a rectangular 4-bar linkage so it can swing left and right. So, so long as everything is counterweighted and set properly, the whole head-assembly (several tonnes in weight) can move around in 3 axis with just the force of your pinky and if you let it go it the whole assembly tends to a straighten out to a nice comfortable spot out of your. It's like magic...and I'm sure that description isn't enough to do it justice haha. Big heavy stuff moving with the shove of a pinky.

Quite the conundrum though. mech E or comp sci. I've had that same problem, to a degree. But that's a big long story and I'll leave it for another time :D.

o.=.o
That machine... sounds like a fantastic piece of hardware. It would be the only mill I ever used given the chance.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit Altum Sonatur.

"I know it sounds ridiculous that a game as simple as ours doesn't run at 1000 frames/second, but there are always opportunities to write obscenely slow code, and we took most of them"

Offline Wraa

• Dragon
  • Your trusted friend in Science
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2013, 05:59:15 PM »
All the silliness aside welcome to the AM forums SleepingBeau!
"You don't wheedle the god of the Dragons, even if he is your father."

Offline SleepingBeau

• Kuvvie
  • On the backs of turtles we stride
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2013, 08:16:29 PM »
@confusedcious - Mhmm, that's correct. Keep going.

And the cackling coyote said to the wolf, "Then what will be left to eat but the fat off your lies and my gamey pointless riddles?"

Offline MeepSire

• Elder Kuvrahk
  • Teleport Expert First Class
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2013, 07:04:47 PM »
*realizes they're late*
Oh well, welcome to the forum!
"But, but, I still check the forum..."