Author Topic: Altermeta Daily User Journal 2014 Edition  (Read 48188 times)

Offline MeepSire

• Elder Kuvrahk
  • Teleport Expert First Class
Altermeta Daily User Journal 2014 Edition
« on: January 04, 2014, 07:47:33 AM »
AM User Journal 2014 Edition

While reading around (http://forum.altermeta.net/index.php/topic,2525.0.html), I decided to create a thread where everyone could post a daily journal entry for a year full of memories to happen. =)

Good luck, and here's to a great year!

Guidelines:
    - One post per day. (flexible)
    - Can include anything one would find in any written journal.
    - No minimum or maximum length, anything goes!
"But, but, I still check the forum..."

Altermeta Community

Altermeta Daily User Journal 2014 Edition
« on: January 04, 2014, 07:47:33 AM »

Offline Liram

• Dragon
Re: Altermeta Daily User Journal 2014 Edition
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 04:49:23 AM »
Sounds like a dandy idea I plan to post as soon as something memorable happens.

Offline MeepSire

• Elder Kuvrahk
  • Teleport Expert First Class
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 07:32:00 AM »
Well, this looks to me my first real AM Forum journal entry. It also looks to be my 400th post too! Yippee!

Today I helped some relatives rebuild a computer with a new graphics card and memory to keep it going for another few years. =) I also got a new tank in WoT and won my first battle in it. And to wrap thing up for today, I'm posting in this forum. :D

I am still watching newegg for a certain tablet to come back in stock... :|
"But, but, I still check the forum..."

Offline confusedcious

• Global Moderator
  • Dragon
    • Triple Threat Librarian
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 07:59:38 AM »
I guess it's one post per person per day?

This morning I did some major work on clearing the sleep debt (I have shiney things and inadequate respect for tomorrow too often), for most of the afternoon I goofed off playing lego marvel and now I'm off cycling. Yesterday I made it to the top of a hill near here that's not very high... but the gradient is brutal.

I'm off to try that again, or the similar one at the other end of the track. If I'm back in ten minutes the headwind was so strong it blew me back here. If I'm not back in two hours I've learnt to fly courtesy of high winds.

Wish me well.

edit: did not wind up blowing away to Oz. Felt like a lot more than the 14km my recording tells me I did though. *flop* ... is good pain.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 09:13:49 AM by confusedcious »

Thanks to Russ for the sig!

Offline Jay Chan

• Dragon
  • When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade...
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 10:05:26 AM »
the way my attention span is, I think I'll post on the order of once or twice a week.

(Warning: Vent)
2014 started, unfortunately, with bad news from the dean's office. New Year's Day I got an email saying my semester GPA wasn't high enough and I've been suspended for two semesters. So, now I'm flailing about trying to schedule meetings during winter break with Calculus professors to retroactively ensure that I actually got those points back on the third midterm when I submitted it for a regrade since I never actually got it back. And yes, my GPA is actually that stupidly close to the cutoff (which btw was raised as of exactly the year I started University).
In the meantime, part of my brain is in constant panic mode trying to figure out what I'm going to do if I can't take classes for a year. It got as far as "job hunting" before breaking down into an incomprehensible amalgam of anxiety and depression, with occasional flashes of fast food joints and all my close friends moving on into the professional workforce without me.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit Altum Sonatur.

"I know it sounds ridiculous that a game as simple as ours doesn't run at 1000 frames/second, but there are always opportunities to write obscenely slow code, and we took most of them"

Offline Risha Kalsyhan

• RotW RPG Beta
  • Dragon
  • WWJD: What would Janeway do?
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 03:52:59 PM »
the way my attention span is, I think I'll post on the order of once or twice a week.

(Warning: Vent)
2014 started, unfortunately, with bad news from the dean's office. New Year's Day I got an email saying my semester GPA wasn't high enough and I've been suspended for two semesters. So, now I'm flailing about trying to schedule meetings during winter break with Calculus professors to retroactively ensure that I actually got those points back on the third midterm when I submitted it for a regrade since I never actually got it back. And yes, my GPA is actually that stupidly close to the cutoff (which btw was raised as of exactly the year I started University).
In the meantime, part of my brain is in constant panic mode trying to figure out what I'm going to do if I can't take classes for a year. It got as far as "job hunting" before breaking down into an incomprehensible amalgam of anxiety and depression, with occasional flashes of fast food joints and all my close friends moving on into the professional workforce without me.
O.O *hugs tightly* >.>; Hang in there, buddy.
Yes, we are going to fight back. But not here, not now, not in the Colonies. Not even in this star system. Let the word go forth to every man, woman and child who survived this holocaust. Tell them to set sail at once in every assorted vehicle that will carry them.

Battlestar Galactica (1978)

Offline Russ

• Dragon
  • Rawr!
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 07:16:48 PM »
Rich, notice what happened with your 1337th posting? :cool:

Offline SleepingBeau

• Kuvvie
  • On the backs of turtles we stride
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 02:17:39 AM »
Journals are great!

Unfortunately, my relationship with my journal is very old and very private. I so rarely get to truly speak my mind and explore ideas as fully as I can in a journal that only I will ever read. There are also dozens of exceedingly good reasons not to subject anyone to my journal entries. For one, you'd have to have the kind of humor that would laugh uproariously at your own horrible and impending doom. I am a very special kind of boy.
And the cackling coyote said to the wolf, "Then what will be left to eat but the fat off your lies and my gamey pointless riddles?"

Offline confusedcious

• Global Moderator
  • Dragon
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2014, 12:16:11 PM »
Cycled 61km (38 miles)

Tired now.

*crashes to floor*

Offline Risha Kalsyhan

• RotW RPG Beta
  • Dragon
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2014, 03:18:28 PM »
Rich, notice what happened with your 1337th posting? :cool:
H3h3, I noticed...

L33t Dragon for a day!

...Was fun while it lasted, da. *nods*
Yes, we are going to fight back. But not here, not now, not in the Colonies. Not even in this star system. Let the word go forth to every man, woman and child who survived this holocaust. Tell them to set sail at once in every assorted vehicle that will carry them.

Offline Wraa

• Dragon
  • Your trusted friend in Science
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2014, 06:42:54 PM »
Ermergerd! Sner!

Yes, winter has come the Saint Louis area in full force. Around a foot of snow, sub-zero temps, and a huge amount of the area shut down.
Yet somehow, I have been making it to work a half hour away for the last few days. This is good as I cannot afford to not work.

Surprisingly enough, despite seeing some classic 'dumbassery' on the roads, most people have been pretty careful, and I have only seen a few cars off the road during my travels. I hope this snow will turn around and melt soon enough. At least on the roads, on the yard? I could care less! :)

Happy new years indeed.
"You don't wheedle the god of the Dragons, even if he is your father."

Offline confusedcious

• Global Moderator
  • Dragon
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2014, 09:44:07 AM »
Library selections are in full swing right now so one of the awesome parts of my job comes into play... deciding how to spend the budget in my selection areas this month :3

Also went on a much shorter bike ride, only 17km or so. Legs still recovering from yesterday so no ambitious hills or anything.

Offline Jay Chan

• Dragon
  • When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade...
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2014, 11:26:15 AM »
I should get back into cycling. Packed snow on the roads is no excuse when I have a mountain bike sitting in the garage!
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit Altum Sonatur.

"I know it sounds ridiculous that a game as simple as ours doesn't run at 1000 frames/second, but there are always opportunities to write obscenely slow code, and we took most of them"

Offline Risha Kalsyhan

• RotW RPG Beta
  • Dragon
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2014, 06:29:13 PM »
My dad's dog Sckuda (Yugoslavian for "for special occasions," Polish for "Oh, that's too bad.") had a surgery the other day to remove what the vet described as "A giant abscess with three smaller masses inside it." He woke himself and everyone else in the house at least twice last night, when he accidentally rolled over onto his stitches and drain tube. That incision is going to leave a nasty scar. One that the female dogs would be all over him for if he were 3 and intact, but they won't since he's over 13 and neutered. Half past dead in dog-years.

Anywho, everyone got out of bed for good at 4AM. everyone but me, that is; I needed 1 more hour of sleep. I fell back asleep at 5 and accidentally got 5 hours. The moral of the story? If everyone else is up early, get up early too. I'll be going to college soon, so I'll need to get up early anyhow. Happy new year indeed.

P.S., Hell froze over the other day. Hell, Michigan, at least.

Offline Wraa

• Dragon
  • Your trusted friend in Science
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2014, 06:34:13 PM »
I've been torn lately.

I want to be creative, I have a ton of ideas, but when I want to write, I sit and just blank out. I've been stressed a lot lately about bills, lack of money with which to pay them, and other stuff. I want to find a good release of the negative stuff and re-enforce the more positive aspects.... I've just hit a wall as to how to do so.
"You don't wheedle the god of the Dragons, even if he is your father."

Altermeta Community

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2014, 06:34:13 PM »