Author Topic: Star Citizen  (Read 2433 times)

Offline DarkCompanion

• Altermeta's Loud Mouth
  • Dragon
  • It's a matter of topics, not posts.
Star Citizen
« on: May 12, 2014, 02:12:43 AM »
I come back to this forum after months of being away, and I discover that there's no Star Citizen discussion thread?

For shame. I am disappointed in all of you.

For anyone who's played games like Freelancer or Wing Commander, you would (or should) know who Chris Roberts is. He's the one in charge of the group that is currently making the Star Citizen simulation MMO game.

It's entirely crowd funded and has gained nearly $44 million dollars at the time of making this post. As far as I'm aware, this game has the highest amount ever grossed from crowd funders to date, so it goes without saying that the game has a lot to live up to and a lot of expectations to fulfill.

I would encourage people to learn about the game here and consider pledging for it if it's the kind of game you think you'd be interested in. As of posting this, there are no longer alpha slots available, but you can still pledge and gain access to the beta.

If you find you would like to try the game, but you don't want to pledge for a ship, then you can certainly join the crew of one of the two ships I've purchased. I own a Constellation and a Retaliator, both with life time insurance. With myself included, I'd still need a crew of 11 for both ships. Something to consider if you don't feel like buying your own ship.

Anyway, do some research on the game to see if it would be something you'd be interested in. I'm awaiting it anxiously because I used to be a huge fan of Star Wars Galaxies before the NGE/CU patches, and this game will allow me to be a merchant again like Galaxies allowed me to. There are so few good sandbox games out there anymore, so I really hope this one works out.
Off playing Real Life.

Altermeta Community

Star Citizen
« on: May 12, 2014, 02:12:43 AM »

Offline Astrobia

• Elder Kuvrahk
  • Totally not leading you into a trap...
    • http://Pending
Re: Star Citizen
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 09:57:16 AM »
I'm sure I've at least mentioned it.
Yeah I have. The cross promotion at least http://forum.altermeta.net/index.php/topic,2549.0.html
Don't forget we'll have the dogfighting alpha at the end of the month as well.
~"Icecream is love."~

Offline DarkCompanion

• Altermeta's Loud Mouth
  • Dragon
  • It's a matter of topics, not posts.
Re: Star Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 08:59:54 PM »
So, update time!

I no longer own a Retaliator or Constellation. My current level of ship ownership is the Aurora Luxury edition, the Drake Yellowjacket, and the Endeavor Master Set.

Will probably primarily fill the role of being a Hope-class medical ship, but it really depends on the role my outfit approves of me using.
Off playing Real Life.