Author Topic: The Fan Character Open Interview  (Read 17264 times)

Offline Liram

• Dragon
Re: The Fan Character Open Interview
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2014, 05:37:24 AM »
*as if on cue the oblivious Liram walks in. Having had a couple drinks already he's feeling a bit bolder than usual. He saunters up to the booth and looks Sigwion up and down, takes in Rich sitting across from him, then looks back to Sigwion*

"Hello and no mistake but there's something a bit off about you." *Looks towards Rich again* "Come to think of it there's something odd about you both."

*snaps his fingers as his face lights up with recognition* "Neither of you has a drink! Ha, I knew something was amiss. Never fear, I'll speak to the barkeep at once. What's your poison?"

*walking behind the bar* "I guess we really needn't bother the bartender, I've always fancied giving this a try."

*begins rummaging around for mugs and glasses clueless to the ones overhead and looks up to notice Edward* "What about you my good man? How may I be of service?"

Altermeta Community

« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2014, 05:37:24 AM »

Offline Risha Kalsyhan

• RotW RPG Beta
  • Dragon
  • WWJD: What would Janeway do?
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2014, 05:50:40 AM »
*as if on cue the oblivious Liram walks in. Having had a couple drinks already he's feeling a bit bolder than usual. He saunters up to the booth and looks Sigwion up and down, takes in Rich sitting across from him, then looks back to Sigwion*

"Hello and no mistake but there's something a bit off about you." *Looks towards Rich again* "Come to think of it there's something odd about you both."

*snaps his fingers as his face lights up with recognition* "Neither of you has a drink! Ha, I knew something was amiss. Never fear, I'll speak to the barkeep at once. What's your poison?"

*walking behind the bar* "I guess we really needn't bother the bartender, I've always fancied giving this a try."

*begins rummaging around for mugs and glasses clueless to the ones overhead and looks up to notice Edward* "What about you my good man? How may I be of service?"
*chortles aloud at Liram's oblivious  rummaging* Here, let me lend you a hand with that. *reaches up and takes down a few glasses of varying shapes and then goes about shaking himself a dirty martinus martini off the rocks*
Yes, we are going to fight back. But not here, not now, not in the Colonies. Not even in this star system. Let the word go forth to every man, woman and child who survived this holocaust. Tell them to set sail at once in every assorted vehicle that will carry them.

Battlestar Galactica (1978)

Offline Liram

• Dragon
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2014, 06:07:41 AM »
*chortles aloud at Liram's oblivious  rummaging* Here, let me lend you a hand with that. *reaches up and takes down a few glasses of varying shapes and then goes about shaking himself a dirty martinus martini off the rocks*

*smiles widely* Now that's the ticket! While you're over here I don't suppose you've seen the lemons? I've been trying to get a sidecar for half an hour

Offline brothejr

• RotW RPG Beta
  • Kuvling
  • I'm that guy...
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2014, 01:01:51 PM »

*At first the sixteen year old kurvie is not aware he's being addressed as he's so engrossed in his comic.  Yet, when he looks up to see he's being offered a drink, a big smile crosses his face.  He gets up and jauntily walks over to the bar and grandly thinks of something adult.*  Um, ah I think I'll have a... um... ah... Oh yea!  I'll have a Bloody Mary!  :)

*smiles widely* Now that's the ticket! While you're over here I don't suppose you've seen the lemons? I've been trying to get a sidecar for half an hour

*Softly points to the sidecar off to the side completely full of lemon wedges.*  :P
I should put something pithy here, but I don't have the energy.

*Goes back to listening to his rock music while reading a comic.*

Offline Risha Kalsyhan

• RotW RPG Beta
  • Dragon
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2014, 03:09:29 PM »
*At first the sixteen year old kurvie is not aware he's being addressed as he's so engrossed in his comic.  Yet, when he looks up to see he's being offered a drink, a big smile crosses his face.  He gets up and jauntily walks over to the bar and grandly thinks of something adult.*  Um, ah I think I'll have a... um... ah... Oh yea!  I'll have a Bloody Mary!  :)
*gets down a tumbler and finds Vodka, V8, a lemon, a lime, Tobasco Sauce, horseradish, wor-cest-er-shire suace, dill pickle spears, and celery, and combines the ingredients in the proper proportions in a shaker* On or off the rocks?
Yes, we are going to fight back. But not here, not now, not in the Colonies. Not even in this star system. Let the word go forth to every man, woman and child who survived this holocaust. Tell them to set sail at once in every assorted vehicle that will carry them.

Offline Voidbane

• Elder Kuvrahk
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2014, 03:13:50 PM »
(To keep the theme on-track, how about we interpret this as:
Does your character drink?
And, if so, what do they prefer?)

Sigwion smiles nervously...

"I actually prefer to just drink tea over alcohol...
I tend to "burn" through it a bit too fast to enjoy."

The "tall Kuvrahk" looks thoughtful...

"But I DO enjoy a good Sake' now and then...
and Spiced Mead is always an option!"

^..^~!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 03:21:57 PM by Voidbane »
*Gives a deep bow, spreading his wings regally*

"I am known as Sigwion;
Inventor, philosopher and adventurer..."

Offline brothejr

• RotW RPG Beta
  • Kuvling
  • I'm that guy...
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2014, 03:16:42 PM »
*gets down a tumbler and finds Vodka, V8, a lemon, a lime, Tobasco Sauce, horseradish, wor-cest-er-shire suace, dill pickle spears, and celery, and combines the ingredients in the proper proportions in a shaker* On or off the rocks?

*Edward's a bit baffled over what on the rocks mean?  Is Risha saying that he is going to add actual rocks to the drink?  For a moment Edward pats his pocket to make sure his own rock is safe.*  Um ah, no rocks please! 

Offline Risha Kalsyhan

• RotW RPG Beta
  • Dragon
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2014, 03:37:11 PM »
*Edward's a bit baffled over what on the rocks mean?  Is Risha saying that he is going to add actual rocks to the drink?  For a moment Edward pats his pocket to make sure his own rock is safe.*  Um ah, no rocks please!
Ok, Here you go! >^.=.^< *pours the red liquid into the glass, adds a celery stalk, a lime wedge, and a dill pickle spear, and hands it to  the younger Kuvrahk*

Offline brothejr

• RotW RPG Beta
  • Kuvling
  • I'm that guy...
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2014, 04:50:23 PM »
(To keep the theme on-track, how about we interpret this as:
Does your character drink?
And, if so, what do they prefer?)

"Oh, I'm too young to drink.  Not for another bunch of years!"  *Rolls his eyes*  "So how would I know what I'd like to drink!"  *Snickers a bit!*

Ok, Here you go! >^.=.^< *pours the red liquid into the glass, adds a celery stalk, a lime wedge, and a dill pickle spear, and hands it to  the younger Kuvrahk*

*Accepts the drink and takes a nice long pull of it.  A contented look came to Edward's face.*  "That's very good, thanks mister Risha."

Offline Lisbon Virgo

• Adult Member
  • Dragon
  • What? No, seriously what?
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2014, 06:30:46 PM »
*Lisbon walks up to the bar*

What do you have in hundred year old wines?
Risha and Jay Chan? Yeah, I ship'em.

Offline Risha Kalsyhan

• RotW RPG Beta
  • Dragon
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2014, 07:31:21 PM »
"Oh, I'm too young to drink.  Not for another bunch of years!"  *Rolls his eyes*  "So how would I know what I'd like to drink!"  *Snickers a bit!*

*Accepts the drink and takes a nice long pull of it.  A contented look came to Edward's face.*  "That's very good, thanks mister Risha."
I won't tell anyone. >^.=.^< and you're welcome!
*Lisbon walks up to the bar*

What do you have in hundred year old wines?
Ummm... Let me look. This isn't my bar, so I wouldn't know.>^/////^< *rummages around for a while and eventually surfaces with a dusty old bottle with a badly faded label* All I could find was this 6887... Something I'm not even going to try to pronounce... Personally, though, the drink I enjoy the most is a good pinot, with dark chocolate or sharp cheese.

Offline Liram

• Dragon
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2014, 05:44:31 AM »
"I actually prefer to just drink tea over alcohol...

Saw a commercial for that hard tea the other day, never tried the stuff myself. (yes I know what you really meant  ;))

Myself I go in for a bit of everything, but when I'm having a cigar or a pipe I to steer clear of mixed drinks so better be rum or scotch if it's about. I like lots of different wines with different things and I like to try out new pairings. I generally steer clear of domestic beer, but I'm always keen to try something new.

*Softly points to the sidecar off to the side completely full of lemon wedges.*  :P

*looks eagerly in the indicated direction, his face assumes a somewhat puzzled look*

Well it's a start I suppose though that's not precisely what I meant.

*grabs a lemon and, not seeing a juicer, proceeds to squeeze the lemon juice out manually. When he's accumulated some juice he mixes in two parts cognac and one part Cointreau to finish the sidecar (drink) and begins casting about for an orange slice*

Can't have your cake and eat it too I suppose. I wonder if we might rustle up something in the kitchen? *gestures toward Edward* People your age are always hungry and the big fella too I guess *referring to Sigwion*
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 05:48:52 AM by Liram »

Offline brothejr

• RotW RPG Beta
  • Kuvling
  • I'm that guy...
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2014, 12:19:46 PM »
Can't have your cake and eat it too I suppose. I wonder if we might rustle up something in the kitchen? *gestures toward Edward* People your age are always hungry and the big fella too I guess *referring to Sigwion*

*Takes an eager gulp of his Bloody Mary.  He tries to look like he's drank all his life but fails miserable when a bit of tomato juice dribbles down his muzzle.  Realizing that, he hurriedly ducks to clean his face.  Afterword, he sits back up smiles at the mention of food.*  Sure I'll take something mister! 

Offline Liram

• Dragon
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2014, 06:20:43 AM »
*Takes an eager gulp of his Bloody Mary.  He tries to look like he's drank all his life but fails miserable when a bit of tomato juice dribbles down his muzzle.  Realizing that, he hurriedly ducks to clean his face.  Afterword, he sits back up smiles at the mention of food.*  Sure I'll take something mister!

Good show! I'll just see what we've got on hand *scurries into the kitchen, he is gone for no more than five seconds when a cacophony of pots and pans banging issues from the galley doors*

I seem to have found the cooking utensils! Now the bad news is that I'm rather trapped under pretty much everything in the kitchen... so it looks like we're having grilled cheese because that's what I can reach... no bread just cheese.

Offline brothejr

• RotW RPG Beta
  • Kuvling
  • I'm that guy...
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2014, 12:49:36 PM »
Good show! I'll just see what we've got on hand *scurries into the kitchen, he is gone for no more than five seconds when a cacophony of pots and pans banging issues from the galley doors*

I seem to have found the cooking utensils! Now the bad news is that I'm rather trapped under pretty much everything in the kitchen... so it looks like we're having grilled cheese because that's what I can reach... no bread just cheese.

*Edward goes in to check what made the loud cacophony and sees Liram trapped under everything in the kitchen including the stove.  He's not quite sure how that happened or if he wants to know?  Slowly he backs out and taps Risha's shoulder.*  "Um ah, mister, um I think that guy's having a problem in there?"

Altermeta Community

« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2014, 12:49:36 PM »