Author Topic: What Kuvvie are we?  (Read 5966 times)

Offline Wraa

• Dragon
  • Your trusted friend in Science
Re: What Kuvvie are we?
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2014, 04:05:05 PM »
Question for the author: does Ruth fear ridicule?  I feel like he would avoid doing spontaneous things in fear of judgment, barring states of emergency.  Is he serious partly to avoid being seen as vapid or silly, or am I just projecting?
Not the author:
I suppose it depends on what you mean by spontaneous.
Jump up on a table and dance? Likely not.
Get a random (but good) idea and act on it? Possible.
Ruth, to me, doesn't seem the type to be 'afraid of  judgment', but I do think he wants to be considered more like an adult and less like a teen.
But that's just my impressions.
"You don't wheedle the god of the Dragons, even if he is your father."

Altermeta Community

« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2014, 04:05:05 PM »

Offline Liram

• Dragon
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2014, 06:15:32 AM »
I think if Ruth felt like doing something spontaneous he'd either take two aspirin and lie down, or practice it in private by himself. If he became masterful at whatever it was he would have accomplished two things, he'd have learned something new that he wanted to learn and he would have retained his air of superiority which I think is very important to his character.

Offline Richard Roy

• Hatchling
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2014, 04:02:36 AM »
Who do I relate to? Tough one. I can relate to a few. I can relate to T, Sasha, and Ruth. They're all interesting characters. I couldn't see Ruth participating in the games unless it was against T, and only because he loves her and hates her for it. T fantasizes being a romantic hero to what she sees as the idealized form in the red dragon, and Sasha loves to explore, and finds everyone fascinating. That's just my take on things so far, though. CC doesn't spill herself easily to anyone, and Jo just loves to enjoy the moment. Still lots to take in and I certainly look forward to more exploring the characters of this bunch.

Offline Liram

• Dragon
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2014, 05:35:43 AM »
Who do I relate to? Tough one. I can relate to a few. I can relate to T, Sasha, and Ruth. They're all interesting characters. I couldn't see Ruth participating in the games unless it was against T, and only because he loves her and hates her for it. T fantasizes being a romantic hero to what she sees as the idealized form in the red dragon, and Sasha loves to explore, and finds everyone fascinating. That's just my take on things so far, though. CC doesn't spill herself easily to anyone, and Jo just loves to enjoy the moment. Still lots to take in and I certainly look forward to more exploring the characters of this bunch.

Loves T and hates her for it. That is perhaps the best summary of his possible feelings I have heard to date. Good show. I see this is your first post, congratulations. You can put in an appearance in the introductions area if you feel like receiving well wishes and balloons from everyone. Be forewarned it gets nutty in there.

Offline Alkarii

• Kuvling
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2014, 02:13:25 AM »
You know, that sounds like a good plot point. Ruth has always been critical of T, maybe to not let it slip that he likes her (if he actually does), because he doesn't want it to look like he has a schoolboy crush. If it came out at this point, there'd be a shitstorm. He's belittled her, called her flat, so maybe it was because he didn't want her to feel confid3nt enough to approach someone else? Like, say, a certain red guy (what's his name? Otter?)
If I told you I was a liar, would you believe me?