Author Topic: A brief interlude..... in space!  (Read 3627 times)

Offline Wraa

• Dragon
  • Your trusted friend in Science
A brief interlude..... in space!
« on: October 22, 2014, 02:48:03 AM »
The large ship swept past quickly, a low rumble trailing behind it.

“Commander, ETA in one hour.” The green female Kuvrahk with short blonde hair reported.

Commander Alik looked up from the small display by his chair. “Thank you Lt. Dima. Second Cerdrik, what do the scanners show?”

“Clear space ahead Commander.” Cerdrik’s orange topknot swung behind him as he turned towards the Commander.

“Cerdrik, shouldn't The Levaind be visible by now?” A puzzled look appeared on Commander Alik’s face.

The red scaled Second turned back to his console and punched “Yes sir, but the ship does not appear to be at the prearranged coordinates.”

The Commander’s blue face looked grim. “Start scanning the regions around that area.”

“Already started sir.” Cerdrik said with a grin.

Alik sat in his chair in Control and pulled up the scanner readings on his own console. “Cerdrik is correct. There is no sign of The Levaind. That ship has a good captain and crew. It should be there unless something bad or very unexpected has happened.” He thought. Alik looked over at his head of security. “Lt. Lince, put the ship on battle status. If something got to the Levaind, it could come after us.”

“Aye sir.” As Lince activated battle status, the lights on the control deck dimmed and went a pale blue. The crew began reporting in that they were at battle status and were ready for whatever got thrown at them. Lt. Lince smiled. “All stations report battle status ready sir.” He reported cheerfully.

“Good. Weapons are ready?” The Commander asked.

“Aye sir.” Lt. Lince answered.

“Sir!” Second Cerdrik shouted in surprise.

“What is it?” Alik looked over at his Second in command.

“I have found The Levaind. She is adrift two regions away.”

“Adrift?” Alik looked astonished.

“Yes sir, no power reading either.” Cerdrik worked at his console for a moment before looking back at his Commander. “Still too far away to get life scans sir.”

“I don’t expect a response, but try to contact her Lt..” Alik turned back to his own console and began bringing up information on The Levaind’s current coordinates.

“Aye sir.” Lince went right to work tapping in commands to his communications panel. “No luck sir. There is no answer.”

“Damn.” Alik plotted a course and sent it to Lt. Dima’s Flight Control station. “Lt Dima, confirm course and set speed to maximum available.”

Lt. Dima nodded. “Yes sir.”

Alik entered the com number for engineering pod. “Warden Levja?”

The audio from the com picked up some of the background hum of the engineering pod. “Yes sir?”

“We have a bit of emergency situation and need all available speed.”

“Yes sir. I will route everything we can spare to engine power.”

“Acknowledged. Alik out.” The commander looked up from his com panel. “Lt. Dima.”

The blonde Kuvrahk nodded. “Course confirmed and entered sir.”

“Maximum speed to rendezvous with The Levaind.”

*Cue Dramatic music*
*Fade to black, cut to commercial*

Bea leaned back and sighed. “I really hate commercials.” She picked up the can of soda and took a drink.

Nikhail shrugged. “The station has to make money somehow Bea.” He watched as Bea rolled her eyes.

“Have you ever stayed up late and seen the stuff they advertise?” She stuck her tongue out. “Horrible, worthless garbage!”

Jace poked her in the arm. “You’re just mad cause the ‘back massager’ you ordered broke after the first two uses.” Jace laughed.

“Well I have a right to be mad!” Bea argued. “I paid good money for that thing!”

“Bea, I don’t think it was meant for that kind of useage!” Nikhail chuckled.

Bea folded her arms. “Stupid commercials.” She muttered.

Both Jace and Nikhail laughed. Jace leaned back against the couch and looked over at his friends. “So, what do you think so far?”

Nikhail cocked his head to the side and shrugged again. “I dunno Jace. I mean, the effects aren’t bad, but I think the actors are a little over the top.” He chuckled. “I like the little blonde hottie though.”

“I’ll agree with him on the blonde!” Bea said enthusiastically as she raised her hand and hit it against Nikhail’s own raised hand. “The commander is a little old for my taste, but his second is hot.”

Jace just shook his head. “Yeah, but what do you think about the plot? The story?” He asked, feeling a bit exasperated with his friends.

“Dude c’mon, we are just to the first set of commercials. There hasn’t been that much story or plot yet.” Nikhail pointed out.

“Yeah, eye candy aside, we need some more time.” Bea laughed.

Jace sighed and flipped the remote over in his hand. “One commercial down, who knows how many more to go.”
"You don't wheedle the god of the Dragons, even if he is your father."

Altermeta Community

A brief interlude..... in space!
« on: October 22, 2014, 02:48:03 AM »

Offline Risha Kalsyhan

• RotW RPG Beta
  • Dragon
  • WWJD: What would Janeway do?
Re: A brief interlude..... in space!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 03:31:12 AM »
*whistles Star Trek fanfare*
Yes, we are going to fight back. But not here, not now, not in the Colonies. Not even in this star system. Let the word go forth to every man, woman and child who survived this holocaust. Tell them to set sail at once in every assorted vehicle that will carry them.

Battlestar Galactica (1978)

Offline Wraa

• Dragon
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 04:09:04 AM »
Just a little something to put on the airwaves. Think of it as Kuvrahks equivalent of Star Trek: The Next Generation.  ;)

Offline Risha Kalsyhan

• RotW RPG Beta
  • Dragon
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 04:56:48 AM »
Interesting. I have a Kuvratization of the first three trek films in the dreaming stages. I think I'll start a thread about it.
Yes, we are going to fight back. But not here, not now, not in the Colonies. Not even in this star system. Let the word go forth to every man, woman and child who survived this holocaust. Tell them to set sail at once in every assorted vehicle that will carry them.

Offline MeepSire

• Elder Kuvrahk
  • Teleport Expert First Class
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 07:56:34 AM »
Kuv-Trek! Yay.
"But, but, I still check the forum..."

Offline Dreaker

• Dragon
  • He who lurks around
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 09:38:30 AM »
Phelan might be able to obtain a "back massager" of quality for Bea.

It would be really interesting what would the TV shows a kuvrahk like culture look like.
Secret activity in process. Please look elsewhere.

Offline Wraa

• Dragon
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 03:23:07 PM »
As 'back massagers' go, Bea did intend to use it as a back massager, however, she found it had other uses as well and put it to the test. Sadly, it failed.  :lol:

On TV shows: Based on the old comic, we know they have an analog of the (use your country of origin) Idol style talent shows. We can bet they have some kind of 'reality shows' though these might be a bit newer, though only Noben knows for sure. One can bet that they have the full run of wacky comedies, dramas, daytime soap operas, science fiction, game shows, news programs, and perhaps even some nature shows. Throw in some shopping channels, and bam, you have a full lineup.

I'm inclined to think that the Space Rangers show is a careful balance of elements of Star Trek:TNG and Babylon 5. Good story and plots that span over the course of the show, solid characters, a positive view of the 'future', all the best elements from both shows. They would be using filming models as opposed to CGI ships though. Maybe later in the series they will switch over if the tech is ready.  ;)

Offline Dreaker

• Dragon
  • He who lurks around
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 04:54:21 PM »
In my opinion Babylon 5 is the best sci-fi series I ever came across.

Offline Voidbane

• Elder Kuvrahk
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 05:10:17 PM »
Choose;

Data
or
Seven-of-Nine?

This will speak volumes
of how you view the entirety of Star Trek.

I know there are other dichotomy's,
but I think dedicated fans will know why I compared these.
*Gives a deep bow, spreading his wings regally*

"I am known as Sigwion;
Inventor, philosopher and adventurer..."

Offline Dreaker

• Dragon
  • He who lurks around
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 05:37:53 PM »
Secen-of-Nine! Perfection!

Offline Wraa

• Dragon
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 06:01:46 PM »
Well, I'd choose Data, the tinman, trying to become more human, whereas Seven, once human, once borg, now human again, fighting with her upbringing as borg, and her own push to learn to be human at the same time.
Both are worth discussing.

Offline Risha Kalsyhan

• RotW RPG Beta
  • Dragon
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 07:32:02 PM »
Data is fully functional and anatomically correct. And he's programmed for a variety of techniques.

Offline Wraa

• Dragon
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2014, 07:42:04 PM »
True. Data is both of those things, however, Seven, most likely has one advantage over Data. She is biologically capable of reproduction unless her time spent as a Borg removed the needed organs (which, with the Borg, wouldn't surprise me, but I don't recall any discussion one way or the other on this).