Author Topic: New dragon on deck  (Read 11735 times)

Offline Lisbon Virgo

• Adult Member
  • Dragon
  • What? No, seriously what?
Re: New dragon on deck
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2014, 07:50:03 AM »
What the what?
Risha and Jay Chan? Yeah, I ship'em.

Altermeta Community

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2014, 07:50:03 AM »

Offline Voidbane

• Elder Kuvrahk
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2014, 02:46:55 PM »
Waits to see if Agryfvar has an opinion.
*Gives a deep bow, spreading his wings regally*

"I am known as Sigwion;
Inventor, philosopher and adventurer..."

Offline Brunhidden the muse

• Adult Member
  • Kuvling
  • Aint dead yet
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2014, 03:07:02 PM »
the pageantry and fools aside- enjoy the community, i would hope we could get more things going on. feel free to swing by the chat/stream thingy or try contacting people for talking and the stuff to get familiar

Offline Agryfvar

• Hatchling
  • Nunc cognosco ex parte
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2014, 08:45:10 PM »
The dragon speaks up...

"What are your thoughts on the current implications of Entangled Dual-State Quarks
with regards to hyper-dimensional data teleportation?"

Agryfvar shifts his weight slightly, looking up at the large dragon (who is only a few feet taller then himself) as a faint smile tugs at the corners of his mouth. Crossing his arms across his chest he replies in his deep rumble of a voice, "Quark state transference between entangled Quark pairs is almost certain. Actual teleportation is not possible via this method. I am quite interested to see how this will impact hyperdistance communication and telepresence. It is a possible method to provide delay free communication completely independent of distance between entangled Quark pairs." He tilts his head slightly, "and you sir Dragon?"

Offline Lisbon Virgo

• Adult Member
  • Dragon
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2014, 08:54:34 PM »
What the what?

Offline Jay Chan

• Dragon
  • When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade...
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2014, 09:28:03 PM »
What the what?
the short version: communication certainly is possible using quantum entangled quarks, teleportation not so much.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit Altum Sonatur.

"I know it sounds ridiculous that a game as simple as ours doesn't run at 1000 frames/second, but there are always opportunities to write obscenely slow code, and we took most of them"

Offline Brunhidden the muse

• Adult Member
  • Kuvling
  • Aint dead yet
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2014, 11:03:12 PM »
to better understand we must now commnicate with interperative dance

i shall need a bucket and some butter, someone hold my pants while i preform the ceremony

Offline Lisbon Virgo

• Adult Member
  • Dragon
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2014, 12:19:46 AM »
Okay, now I'm scared.

Offline brothejr

• RotW RPG Beta
  • Kuvling
  • I'm that guy...
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2014, 01:52:16 AM »
Okay, now I'm scared.

*Edward comes dancing in wearing a strange patterned black and white leotard.  He tip and twirls around Lisbon.  His moves only vaguely knowledgeable to those who can interprete dance.  Yet, to sum up all his wierd gyrations: Edward agrees.  With that he bows and rushes out!*
I should put something pithy here, but I don't have the energy.

*Goes back to listening to his rock music while reading a comic.*

Offline Agryfvar

• Hatchling
  • Nunc cognosco ex parte
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2014, 04:42:35 AM »
*Edward comes dancing in wearing a strange patterned black and white leotard.  He tip and twirls around Lisbon.  His moves only vaguely knowledgeable to those who can interprete dance.  Yet, to sum up all his wierd gyrations: Edward agrees.  With that he bows and rushes out!*

*Strokes his chin thoughtfully, "curious," he states simply before clapping for the impromptu dance routine.

Offline Liram

• Dragon
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2014, 05:01:29 AM »
*Pulls a bubble pipe from a portable hole and begins blowing bubbles*

Agryfvar shifts his weight slightly, looking up at the large dragon (who is only a few feet taller then himself) as a faint smile tugs at the corners of his mouth. Crossing his arms across his chest he replies in his deep rumble of a voice, "Quark state transference between entangled Quark pairs is almost certain. Actual teleportation is not possible via this method. I am quite interested to see how this will impact hyperdistance communication and telepresence. It is a possible method to provide delay free communication completely independent of distance between entangled Quark pairs." He tilts his head slightly, "and you sir Dragon?"

*Pulls a bubble pipe from a portable hole. Bubbles begin to fill the air as he contemplates the conversation taking place*

Offline Lisbon Virgo

• Adult Member
  • Dragon
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2014, 07:10:25 AM »
You mean that wasn't the mating dance of the blue footed boob?

Offline SleepingBeau

• Kuvvie
  • On the backs of turtles we stride
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2014, 07:11:14 AM »
1) My background is in biology and ecology flavored with genetics and some behaviour.

2) With that being said I am putting together a kuvrahk character using the form, not sure where to put it though or the Limits on the stats or if I need to pick a measuring device for a weapon or if this is the right forum. Lots of questions hope to find some answers.

1)Oooh, yay. Science! I grew up with an avid fear of biology as an academic topic, but over time I've come to learn to love all avenues of science as different parts of a greater whole. And thusly, the appropriate xkcd reference: http://xkcd.com/435/ (please note: I don't actually endorse the silly cliche hierarchies of professions) I fell in love with plant biology because of my love of hiking and natural environments in general. It just feels like magic, all the similarities and differences in the life that is so different than ours.

What about you? Why the path you've taken?

2)You can find the kuvrhak personna thread here: http://forum.altermeta.net/index.php/topic,119.0.html
And the personna Ruler of the World thread here: http://forum.altermeta.net/index.php/topic,2371.0.html

There's a thing with a RotW RPG beta but I don't know anything about it. But yus, your weapon should be a measuring device. Something appropriable in a high-school environment. And of course we would all like to be original, but I don't believe there is any trouble in picking the same device as someone else and having it's power-up be different than what has already been claimed by someone else. After all, it's each characters' expression of magic that powers the transformation.

And yup! This and all others is the right place to ask. I don't have much seniority here, but I have learned that the forum is very accommodating when it comes to what and where in the different forum sections.

And as to quantum entanglement...our idea of 'teleportation' will have to evolve into various philosophical interpretations of 'presence' to be able to give the question a yes, but as our new member has said, the essence of what it is is communication. But that being said, the communication can be interpreted and used in all kinds of different ways. But what is technologically possible is also restricted by what is economically viable. We COULD make giant death robots the size of cities, but is it worth it? The idea of quantum entangled cloning has been explored in fiction often enough, but as our newest member knows better than me, everything about the human body is a lot more complicated than we yet understand. Not just the amongst the general populous but in the fields of science as well.

Perhaps the more appropriate question would be: "What's your opinion on the viability of cloning people to the degree that at one point they will be identical in every way but for their difference in location?"
And the cackling coyote said to the wolf, "Then what will be left to eat but the fat off your lies and my gamey pointless riddles?"

Offline Voidbane

• Elder Kuvrahk
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2014, 05:26:12 PM »
"Quark state transference between entangled Quark pairs is almost certain. Actual teleportation is not possible via this method. I am quite interested to see how this will impact hyperdistance communication and telepresence. It is a possible method to provide delay free communication completely independent of distance between entangled Quark pairs." He tilts his head slightly, "and you sir Dragon?"

He smiles and bows...

"I am glad to meet a fellow scholar of the bleeding edge...

While I admit the request for your thought on this matter was mainly to gain a measure of your familiarity,
my own musings on it revolve more around the philosophical implications of the evidence that there are indeed
"physical" relations between subjects beyond their dimensional relativity to one another.

While I agree in the definition between "communications" and "teleport",
we still do not fully understand how these correlations occur and, as such,
cannot rule out the possibility that a remote  transference of quantifiable, not virtual,
energy is indeed being made manifest.

My current stance rests with the tenants of M-Theory,
but may be heavily influenced by bias."

The dragons pulls out a pair of  teacups and offers one to Agryfvar...

"While my persona around here tends to be Sigwion and Nithophis,
please do not confused that with a lack of parallax between reality and fantasy.

In either case, I am very glad to also welcome you to the fold!"

^..^

*Gives a deep bow, spreading his wings regally*

"I am known as Sigwion;
Inventor, philosopher and adventurer..."

Offline Liram

• Dragon
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2014, 06:41:35 AM »
Now philosophically or metaphysically speaking with regards to cloning, what is this strange new thing we've created that looks exactly like me and has my memories? For all intents and purposes, such a being would react like the original, but when the clone opens its eyes for the first time who is looking out? It isn't the same me that's occupying this space and so I am immortal, but I am not. My presence can go on, but the consciousness or divine spark that resides in this fragile shell can never be transferred into something else, can it?

Altermeta Community

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2014, 06:41:35 AM »