Author Topic: Surface 3 (not-Pro)  (Read 2310 times)

Offline Twiggy

• Kuvvie
  • The Fuzzy Bat-Dragon
    • TwigZone
Surface 3 (not-Pro)
« on: April 01, 2015, 06:01:49 PM »
Linky to the official blog announcement

In a nutshell: A "smaller" Surface Pro 3, with Atom x7 (better than the Core M when you think about what it needs to do), minimum 2GB RAM/64 GB storage, 10" 1920x1280 3:2 display, microUSB charging, three-position kickstand, pen now optional, everything else kept as is, $499 starting price.

I want one now! (I really could replace my Surface RT which is pretty much an Internet Explorer machine these days.)

Altermeta Community

Surface 3 (not-Pro)
« on: April 01, 2015, 06:01:49 PM »

Offline Lisbon Virgo

• Adult Member
  • Dragon
  • What? No, seriously what?
Re: Surface 3 (not-Pro)
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 06:51:11 PM »
If Manga Studio or SAI can run on this properly, I think I'd like one myself.
Risha and Jay Chan? Yeah, I ship'em.

Offline MeepSire

• Elder Kuvrahk
  • Teleport Expert First Class
Re: Surface 3 (not-Pro)
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 02:52:52 PM »
On the other hand, I really do like the "Win8.1/Win10 tablet at around $500-600 USD" price point concept. The Atom x7 is a nice bit cheaper the integrate than the Core-M and the savings is passed down to us. PS, MS, and PT Sai should run fine, and the IPS panel (good viewing angles) should make art a nice experience.

One of the minor things preventing me from being one is the fact that the pen/stylus only has 256 levels of pressure sensitivity, compared to say a Wacom device which has 1024 levels or more. Also, the 2 / 64 GB version isn't for me, since running Photoshop and a web browser at the same time to concurrently do art and research can easily fill 2 GB of ram.

Overall, I think it's pretty cool and worth the price tag, especially considering the fact that iPads are the same prices. I'd also be curious as to has well NV gamestream works on this thing via limelight... Streaming something like Grid or crysis to this thing sounds fun.
"But, but, I still check the forum..."