Author Topic: Reptilian humanoids (anthro reptiles)  (Read 3326 times)

Offline Twiggy

• Kuvvie
  • The Fuzzy Bat-Dragon
    • TwigZone
Reptilian humanoids (anthro reptiles)
« on: April 02, 2015, 07:33:42 PM »
 ;)

For some reason I'm fascinated by them, and I kind of like their depiction in lots of media these days. (Think any sort of anthropomorphic reptile or similar creature) They're kind of cool, actually. Imagine if things were a bit...different? I think a lot of the "cool" factor probably goes with them being...quite different - say, maybe a bit of an "alien" feeling (if that's even a right word to use).

What about you guys? (Maybe this will end up being that other discussion that keeps on going, heh.)

(Kuvvies welcome. Heh.)

Altermeta Community

Reptilian humanoids (anthro reptiles)
« on: April 02, 2015, 07:33:42 PM »

Offline Risha Kalsyhan

• RotW RPG Beta
  • Dragon
  • WWJD: What would Janeway do?
Re: Reptilian humanoids (anthro reptiles)
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 08:41:33 PM »
Kuvvies are the exception to a few of my rules about reptiles, reptilians, and reptiloids. Mainly, No hair, and No mammaries. In a catalog of the various life forms throughout the universe, I would classify the Kuvrahks as Reptomammals. Reptomammal Cavrisseodraconis Cuvracus Sapiens, to be specific. To be even more specific, C. Sapiens Cilusiensis, C. Sapiens Deucaelum, C. Sapiens Mistica, and the now extinct C. Sapiens Angelicautes, and C. Sapiens Saartiensis.
Yes, we are going to fight back. But not here, not now, not in the Colonies. Not even in this star system. Let the word go forth to every man, woman and child who survived this holocaust. Tell them to set sail at once in every assorted vehicle that will carry them.

Battlestar Galactica (1978)

Offline Twiggy

• Kuvvie
  • The Fuzzy Bat-Dragon
    • TwigZone
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 08:57:27 PM »
Kuvvies are the exception to a few of my rules about reptiles, reptilians, and reptiloids. Mainly, No hair, and No mammaries. In a catalog of the various life forms throughout the universe, I would classify the Kuvrahks as Reptomammals. Reptomammal Cavrisseodraconis Cuvracus Sapiens, to be specific. To be even more specific, C. Sapiens Cilusiensis, C. Sapiens Deucaelum, C. Sapiens Mistica, and the now extinct C. Sapiens Angelicautes, and C. Sapiens Saartiensis.

Haha!

I sometimes wish the world had reptile people.

Offline Alkarii

• Kuvling
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 11:43:10 PM »
Well, if you ask the right conspiracy theorist, the government is run by lizard people. It ain't much, but it's a start.
If I told you I was a liar, would you believe me?

Offline MeepSire

• Elder Kuvrahk
  • Teleport Expert First Class
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 03:36:25 AM »
Well, if you ask the right conspiracy theorist, the government is run by lizard people. It ain't much, but it's a start.
The Illuminati just want you to believe they are lizard people so you won't find out the truth...

If a humanoid reptile/reptilian human had a tail but it wasn't as flexible as a Kuvvies', then how useful would it be? Or would it get in the way? Thoughts?
"But, but, I still check the forum..."

Offline Dreaker

• Dragon
  • He who lurks around
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 06:38:48 AM »
I mainly prefer mammals myself but I met few interesting ones. Mostly dragons but some snakes too.
By the way in many world dragons not lizards because they are warm blooded.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 01:31:11 PM by Dreaker »
Secret activity in process. Please look elsewhere.

Offline Voidbane

• Elder Kuvrahk
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 01:17:46 PM »
I manly prefer mammals myself but I met few interesting ones. Mostly dragons but some snakes too.

Although still debated, the construction of dragons appears to be that of a classic composite creature such as Manticore, Chinera, Kirin, Sphinx, Griffon and many others.

The combination tends to vary depending on cultural regions, but usually includes aspects of Big Cats, Snakes, Predatory Birds, and some sort of "night animal" (depends on area).

For the Classic European dragon:
Cat stance and build, Snake scales and tail, avian talons and flight, and Bat wings.

While the wings vs flight aspect may seem redundant,
a bat's flight cycle is most definately different than that of a typical dragon's.

Chinese dragons maintain many of these similarities but with more serpent and less cat and bat.

A popular theory is that dragons red presented a visual reference of what to AVOID,
Perfect for scaring children!

As for reptilian humanoids;
The tail would most definately interfere with certain human mannerisms
but the flexibility would depend on the  base reptile being emulated.

P.S.
Fire and things that burn are to be avoided by children, no?
*Gives a deep bow, spreading his wings regally*

"I am known as Sigwion;
Inventor, philosopher and adventurer..."

Offline Dreaker

• Dragon
  • He who lurks around
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2015, 01:33:51 PM »
Hungarian dragons tend to have multiple heads. Preferably magical numbers like 3 7 9 13 etc. Harry Potter was very lucky his dragon only had one.

Offline Twiggy

• Kuvvie
  • The Fuzzy Bat-Dragon
    • TwigZone
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2015, 07:20:09 PM »

The Illuminati just want you to believe they are lizard people so you won't find out the truth...

If a humanoid reptile/reptilian human had a tail but it wasn't as flexible as a Kuvvies', then how useful would it be? Or would it get in the way? Thoughts?

What if they're both at the same time? Mwahahaha!

I don't know, but life probably finds a way to adapt them

Or they won't have tails at all, giving us hordes of scalebutt

(How controllable are reptile tails in reality?)

I mainly prefer mammals myself but I met few interesting ones. Mostly dragons but some snakes too.

Something looks mangled in here.

Maybe all dragons are warm-blooded... we'll never know, though, since they don't exist, at least for the fantastic ones. At least, as far as we know

Although still debated, the construction of dragons appears to be that of a classic composite creature such as Manticore, Chinera, Kirin, Sphinx, Griffon and many others.

The combination tends to vary depending on cultural regions, but usually includes aspects of Big Cats, Snakes, Predatory Birds, and some sort of "night animal" (depends on area).

For the Classic European dragon:
Cat stance and build, Snake scales and tail, avian talons and flight, and Bat wings.

While the wings vs flight aspect may seem redundant,
a bat's flight cycle is most definately different than that of a typical dragon's.

Chinese dragons maintain many of these similarities but with more serpent and less cat and bat.

A popular theory is that dragons red presented a visual reference of what to AVOID,
Perfect for scaring children!

As for reptilian humanoids;
The tail would most definately interfere with certain human mannerisms
but the flexibility would depend on the  base reptile being emulated.

P.S.
Fire and things that burn are to be avoided by children, no?

But-but-but what if they're adorable?! I really like the ones that are uber-cute.

Hungarian dragons tend to have multiple heads. Preferably magical numbers like 3 7 9 13 etc. Harry Potter was very lucky his dragon only had one.

Hehe.

What do you think of having multiple heads be treated like this: they aren't actually heads - there is only one real head. Maybe the dragon can engage in some sockpuppetry...

Offline MeepSire

• Elder Kuvrahk
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2015, 07:24:24 PM »
On Earth, most reptilian tails can bend back to the shoulder with a "full body bend" on larger animals, and in smaller ones they are flexible enough to hang from in some cases.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 03:10:49 AM by MeepSire »

Offline Twiggy

• Kuvvie
  • The Fuzzy Bat-Dragon
    • TwigZone
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2015, 07:36:53 PM »
On Earth, most reptilian tails can bend back to the shoulder with a "full body bend" on larger animals and in smaller ones that are flexible enough to hang from in some cases.

Hmm, how do they compare with mammalian tails?

Offline MeepSire

• Elder Kuvrahk
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2015, 03:17:07 AM »
In mammals, tails are usually part of two sort of "categories", flexible (lemur) and not (boar). This usually leaves reptiles ranging from in-between to near monkey-tail in terms of flexibility. Mammals usually have higher dexterity per measure of tail speed as well.
(I sort of left snakes out of the comparison for obvious reasons(no limbs))

Offline Dreaker

• Dragon
  • He who lurks around
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2015, 07:52:13 AM »
Something looks mangled in here.

Maybe all dragons are warm-blooded... we'll never know, though, since they don't exist, at least for the fantastic ones. At least, as far as we know
I referred to universes where lore states that dragons are not lizards.

Offline Twiggy

• Kuvvie
  • The Fuzzy Bat-Dragon
    • TwigZone
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2015, 08:40:05 PM »
In mammals, tails are usually part of two sort of "categories", flexible (lemur) and not (boar). This usually leaves reptiles ranging from in-between to near monkey-tail in terms of flexibility. Mammals usually have higher dexterity per measure of tail speed as well.
(I sort of left snakes out of the comparison for obvious reasons(no limbs))

Hmm, mmm, mmm.

If I were a reptile person thingy for some reason, I wonder if I'll end up with a narrow tail, or a tail that's more like "extended body"... What fun!

I referred to universes where lore states that dragons are not lizards.

Haha! Personally I've thought that they really should be considered their own things - they're practically operating on a different set of rules.

Offline Twiggy

• Kuvvie
  • The Fuzzy Bat-Dragon
    • TwigZone
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2015, 09:06:06 PM »
Lately, I've been thinking about snakes, anthropomorphic snakes, and similar things.

I really should go try drawing something like that. They're kind of weird - and exactly the kind of thing that I need right now to get me out of boredom. (Ya know, I really do wonder how life would be like if you didn't have legs, having a really long tai instead, and have to live as a normal person...)

Altermeta Community

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2015, 09:06:06 PM »