Author Topic: He doesn't know what he is getting himself into.  (Read 29065 times)

Offline Ikagara

• Hatchling
  • Mew.
He doesn't know what he is getting himself into.
« on: June 03, 2015, 02:38:12 AM »
Good morning.

I knew about the comic for a long time but didn't get to actually reading it till a month ago. I am already idling in the IRC channel, so I thought I should check out the forums too and see whats happening here.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Altermeta Community

He doesn't know what he is getting himself into.
« on: June 03, 2015, 02:38:12 AM »

Offline Risha Kalsyhan

• RotW RPG Beta
  • Dragon
  • WWJD: What would Janeway do?
Re: He doesn't know what he is getting himself into.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 03:58:23 AM »
*a small Zergling with a purple carapace prances up to the newcomer, regurgitates a coupon qualifying him for one free Kuvrahk plushie of his choice, then happily prances back from whence he came*
Yes, we are going to fight back. But not here, not now, not in the Colonies. Not even in this star system. Let the word go forth to every man, woman and child who survived this holocaust. Tell them to set sail at once in every assorted vehicle that will carry them.

Battlestar Galactica (1978)

Offline Jay Chan

• Dragon
  • When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade...
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 03:58:57 AM »
Weird stuff happens around here. Prepare yourself.
*tosses pompoms at*

*absconds*
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit Altum Sonatur.

"I know it sounds ridiculous that a game as simple as ours doesn't run at 1000 frames/second, but there are always opportunities to write obscenely slow code, and we took most of them"

Offline Jessi

• Kuvling
  • Sasha is Love, Life, and quite likely Perfection.
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 05:21:23 AM »
Greetings.

Best beware, there be demons here.

We're still out of Boo plushies, sadly.
Never truly judge anything until it is finished.

Offline Liram

• Dragon
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 06:42:53 AM »
Welcome to the show my friend. Don't let everyone else fool you, sometimes normal things happen around here... but it's mostly off the wall stuff.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy yourself, and make sure to revive super old threads!

Offline Voidbane

• Elder Kuvrahk
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 10:08:17 AM »
*Gold anthro dragon walks in, peering curiously at you...*

"Hmm... Sergal appearance, yet passive humility with a distinct sense of honor...

Would you happen to have talent as a writer, sir?"

^..^~?
*Gives a deep bow, spreading his wings regally*

"I am known as Sigwion;
Inventor, philosopher and adventurer..."

Offline brothejr

• RotW RPG Beta
  • Kuvling
  • I'm that guy...
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 10:16:53 AM »
*Edward casually walks by with his headphones on, loud heavy metal music blaring from them, and happens to see the newcommer.  Feeling like the spotlight is on him, the small kurvy quickly peers about to see if anyone has noticed him.  Seeing few have, he hurriedly pulls off his backpack and begins digging around inside the thing searching for something.  Finding what he wanted, Edward suddenly rushes over to Ikagara and hands him a mixed tape.  Afterword, Edward puts his headphones on and scoots out of there before someone notices him!*
I should put something pithy here, but I don't have the energy.

*Goes back to listening to his rock music while reading a comic.*

Offline Dreaker

• Dragon
  • He who lurks around
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 03:56:37 PM »
*emerges from the shadows*
Welcome to this corner of the internet! Some say the Boo plushies were stolen by a master thief to dill up a swimming pool with them. A silly idea.

Please refrain using the portable holes to create multiple doplergangers outside the Rubber Rooms.

Be warned: Any food left unattended will be devoured by shadowy forum lurkers.
*returns to the shadows*
Secret activity in process. Please look elsewhere.

Offline Jessi

• Kuvling
  • Sasha is Love, Life, and quite likely Perfection.
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2015, 06:42:18 PM »
*emerges from the shadows*
Welcome to this corner of the internet! Some say the Boo plushies were stolen by a master thief to dill up a swimming pool with them. A silly idea.

Please refrain using the portable holes to create multiple doplergangers outside the Rubber Rooms.

Be warned: Any food left unattended will be devoured by shadowy forum lurkers.
*returns to the shadows*

~Nicks an unattended sausage roll~

And other hungry Kuvvies.
Never truly judge anything until it is finished.

Offline Ikagara

• Hatchling
  • Mew.
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2015, 03:21:15 AM »
Thanks for the welcome everyone I think once the coupon dries, ill use it for a t-square plushie.

Re jessi: Iv been antiquated with some demons back in the day, I think Ill be fine.

Re Liram: So necromancy is encouraged here? I am used to forums not liking it :P

Re Voidbane: No I am not a sergal. The species in my avatar is something called a "Dracocanid", however my usual 'fursona' is a Cat.  A long time ago I used to be a dragon though. Also, I am very far from having any talent or competency in writing unfortunately, If it wasn't for advancements in technology and spell check, no one would ever be able to understand me.  My talents lie in engineering and pretending to draw, though i haven't drawn anything in ages. :(

Thanks for the tape Edward, I am sure I still have an old Walkman somewhere, Ill need to dig that up now.

Re Dreaker: What are the rubber rooms? I guess if my lunch goes missing you will be the one to blame then?

Offline Liram

• Dragon
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2015, 06:54:42 AM »
Haha, well I don't know if anyone besides me would encourage it. I find it amusing myself, you see, but traffic is slow lately so if you had something interesting to contribute, then I'm sure most would welcome a post even in an old thread. There are, however, a multitude of ancient threads that haven't been touched in years, most of the users that posted in them aren't even around anymore. I especially like reading those, though I've been a bit skittish about reviving something quite that antiquated.

Offline Risha Kalsyhan

• RotW RPG Beta
  • Dragon
  • WWJD: What would Janeway do?
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2015, 06:56:03 AM »
Re Liram: So necromancy is encouraged here? I am used to forums not liking it :P
Encouraged with a grain of salt; Be prepared to seemingly revive a thread only to find yourself talking to tombstones, for the newest of pots in many of the threads here were left long ago by members who have since then vanished from the forum without a trace but for their avatars frozen in time, and keystrokes echoing into eternity.
Yes, we are going to fight back. But not here, not now, not in the Colonies. Not even in this star system. Let the word go forth to every man, woman and child who survived this holocaust. Tell them to set sail at once in every assorted vehicle that will carry them.

Battlestar Galactica (1978)

Offline Lisbon Virgo

• Adult Member
  • Dragon
  • What? No, seriously what?
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2015, 09:29:42 AM »
Ikagara, the Rubber Room is a place where the fourth wall does not exist and where ANYTHING can happen.
Risha and Jay Chan? Yeah, I ship'em.

Offline brothejr

• RotW RPG Beta
  • Kuvling
  • I'm that guy...
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2015, 11:10:43 AM »
Ikagara, the Rubber Room is a place where the fourth wall does not exist and where ANYTHING can happen.

*Edward happens to still be there and speaks up.* 

"Um, ah, well, ya know, the rubber room is, well, um, made out of rubber ya know?  Ah, just gotta be careful in there.  Um, strange things do seem to happen there." 

*Edward tries to act cool but steps on something slippery and suddenly falls on his bum while bruising his tail.  Yet, trying to still be cool, he scrambles back up, rubs his tail, peers about, then casually walks away.  Though he pauses long enough to take a slice of meat lovers pizza left unattended and munches it while walking away.*  :3
I should put something pithy here, but I don't have the energy.

*Goes back to listening to his rock music while reading a comic.*

Offline Ikagara

• Hatchling
  • Mew.
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2015, 02:27:15 AM »
So where the 4th was should be its just a a hole in space time to the void, and the laws of physics break down?

Altermeta Community

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2015, 02:27:15 AM »