Author Topic: Art Space.  (Read 843 times)

Offline Ikagara

• Hatchling
  • Mew.
Art Space.
« on: June 07, 2015, 08:04:14 AM »
I'm seeking to find places to get back in to drawing, I cant focus at home and the rare times I do draw its when I'm out in a public place like a cafe or bar. I assume this is because I was used to drawing in noisy classroom environment back when i was in high school, and ever since leaving that its become difficult to focus or stay motivated to art. I may just keep trying to go to cafes and places like that but i kinda feel awkward for taking up space in a public place for extended amounts of time like that.

What are your experiences in finding a place to focus on your arts?

Altermeta Community

Art Space.
« on: June 07, 2015, 08:04:14 AM »

Offline MeepSire

• Elder Kuvrahk
  • Teleport Expert First Class
Re: Art Space.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 10:59:37 PM »
One place I like to draw when I get the chance is unter the dithered shade of a tree with a mild breeze. One spot like this is a concrete bench in front of a local library. Although, doing any digital art isn't easy because the blotches of sun overpower the screen. For traditional media it suits me fine.
If I had to attampt to leave some wisdom here, I'd advise looking around to see actually how noch space you're taking up and consider the setting and how long you're going to be there. For example if its a park and there is a decent amount of shade for everyone feel free to sit around for a couple of hours if it suits you, in fact some people like seeing artists around parks and things. If its a café, things depend more. Personally I'd let an artist sit there with a coffee or something if I got to see what they were up to or talk a bit but as an artist, I wouldn't want to get in anyone's way. But that's just me... :)
"But, but, I still check the forum..."