Author Topic: This is distressing!  (Read 1929 times)

Offline DarkCompanion

• Altermeta's Loud Mouth
  • Dragon
  • It's a matter of topics, not posts.
This is distressing!
« on: August 02, 2016, 06:32:50 PM »
Sup nerds.

So a couple years ago, I left this forum because RL was beginning to get complicated. Moved to a new apartment, had to start a bunch of services that kept me away from the Internet world, and blah blah blah RL comes first. Now I'm in another apartment and able to kinda just chill and do my own thing.

I decided to come back to AM recently. I had intended to start with a fresh name (the one I use in other communities now), but I couldn't get the activation code sent to my email despite several requests. I personally don't mind too much because I had this name to fall back on, but -- hey tech guys! If you want new members to join the forum, you may want to look into that.

I have to say, I'm both surprised and distressed to see AM has only a handful of active threads in 2016, and some of them go as far back as January being the last post made. This... is not a pleasant sight and I would like to help out with finding ways to increase traffic. I saw there was a thread dedicated to that, but I still feel like there's a question that needs to be asked that can easily be missed due to the age of the other thread:

What do you guys want to see done in the future?

Answer here or elsewhere. Also: sorry if this comes across as a power grab or something, god admin people! I'm just a wee lad who doesn't want to see a community he spent a decade following to become completely inactive. Actually it's been longer than a decade now that I think about it, since I found this community in 2003. Oh well, erase two years from that number for the time I've been gone. Also bring me a cupcake, because cupcakes are fantastic.

Hi, to those of you who have never met me before, I'm DarkCompanion (DC for short). I used to say "I like potatoes" on the mIRC channel, but then that Foster's Home show came out and I had to stop saying it because people kept asking me if I was mimicking a character from the show. I used to draw fan art for the site, but I stopped drawing shortly after I got out of high school, so I'm very much out of practice. My kuvrahk character used to be known as Drake Frost, but I have since moved away from said name because it's too simple / cliché. I'm an aspiring author and in the two years I've been gone, I still haven't made any progress with my book. This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

And for those of you who are veterans who know me... sup? How's about you and I go out some time and, y'now, get a potato together? We can share straws if you like~.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 03:51:54 PM by DarkCompanion »
Off playing Real Life.

Altermeta Community

This is distressing!
« on: August 02, 2016, 06:32:50 PM »

Offline Dreaker

• Dragon
  • He who lurks around
Re: This is distressing!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 05:52:34 PM »
Hey there! Welcome back and stay DarkCompanion Altermeta's Loud Mouth. But that issue with the registration should be solved.

And why the forum went inactive? From what I saw multiple people got IRL stuff in the way. The rest (or at least me) started to leave bigger gaps between checking on the forums because there was no talk. When this week I saw posting I decided to start posting again. Continue on with the Pages from Phelan on the Kuvrahk Journals Thread and my own writings.
Secret activity in process. Please look elsewhere.

Offline DarkCompanion

• Altermeta's Loud Mouth
  • Dragon
  • It's a matter of topics, not posts.
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 01:55:16 PM »
That's a shame.

Well, so long as people don't get upset about it (IE: viewing it as spam), I might start making posts daily about random topics to create conversations again. Drag people back by their ears, as one might say.
Off playing Real Life.

Offline Wraa

• Dragon
  • Your trusted friend in Science
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 08:34:18 PM »
Hey there DC, good to see you again!
Things may be working back up soon!
"You don't wheedle the god of the Dragons, even if he is your father."

Offline Dreaker

• Dragon
  • He who lurks around
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 11:27:27 PM »
No comic=dead forum.
That simple.

Offline Voidbane

• Elder Kuvrahk
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 01:27:54 PM »
*Gives a deep bow, spreading his wings regally*

"I am known as Sigwion;
Inventor, philosopher and adventurer..."

Offline Wraa

• Dragon
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 01:44:06 PM »
I get what Dreaker is saying though, till the comic starts posting back to the main site, things are gonna remain feeling like a ghost town here.

My own writings have stalled quite a bit for a number of reasons. Between work, trying to write a game, tearing down and rebuilding a camper trailer, and planning on getting remarried, well, needless to say, I've had my plate a bit full. Truthfully, some of the shifts in focus and changes that Noben is planning for the AM setting has left my own fan fiction in need of a bit of a rewrite in places which is a bit daunting. Now, by no means am I upset or annoyed by that, it's her work, her playground. I'm just a guest, and given time, based on what I know, I may come back to it later once I've had the chance to fix things up and start posting it again. I may try to revisit some journals at some point soon, but if I'm being honest, I don't know.

I am hopeful that once Noben gets caught up she will start updating the site again, posting more comics, but as with anything, one never knows what the future holds. I'm going to try and stay positive and patient. I am glad to have seen things slowly moving forward.

Offline Dreaker

• Dragon
  • He who lurks around
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2018, 08:11:10 AM »
I get what Dreaker is saying though, till the comic starts posting back to the main site, things are gonna remain feeling like a ghost town here.
Exactly what I meant.

Between work, trying to write a game, tearing down and rebuilding a camper trailer, and planning on getting remarried, well, needless to say, I've had my plate a bit full.
Good luck with all this!

Truthfully, some of the shifts in focus and changes that Noben is planning for the AM setting has left my own fan fiction in need of a bit of a rewrite in places which is a bit daunting.
I'm so out of the loop I have little clue what the changes are or will be. :(

Offline Wraa

• Dragon
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2018, 01:32:51 PM »
It is difficult to say what all is going on. I know real life has been a major impact for people, Noben included. That said, I'm just going to stay patient and wait and see. It would be nice to see people get involved again, but that's gonna be a serious undertaking.

I do manage/oversee the Altermeta FB page, and what Noben has posted I have linked there as well.

Offline Dreaker

• Dragon
  • He who lurks around
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2018, 11:54:07 PM »
I'll linger here like a ghost of a long bygone era.

Offline Voidbane

• Elder Kuvrahk
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2018, 10:59:52 AM »
I'll linger here like a ghost of a long bygone era.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldbf6pglZ_c

Even ghosts have fun you know...
what do you think hauntings are?
*Gives a deep bow, spreading his wings regally*

"I am known as Sigwion;
Inventor, philosopher and adventurer..."

Offline Wraa

• Dragon
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2018, 03:20:25 PM »
As ghosts go, I feel surprisingly corporeal.  ;)

Hey! I don't think we are ghosts!

Offline Dreaker

• Dragon
  • He who lurks around
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2018, 09:29:03 PM »
Hey Wraa! Have you realized we are doing forum necromancery? A higher level version of topic necromancery! We are heralds of the dark gods!!!

Offline Wraa

• Dragon
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2018, 04:34:00 PM »
Eh, Dragons. Natural magic.... ;)

Offline Voidbane

• Elder Kuvrahk
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2018, 05:48:09 AM »
You mean hyper-tech.