Author Topic: Parallel Paths AKA Short bit of SRF Fiction  (Read 206 times)

Offline Wraa

• Dragon
  • Your trusted friend in Science
Parallel Paths AKA Short bit of SRF Fiction
« on: April 18, 2018, 06:24:07 PM »
I first posted the very beginnings of this fan comic idea turned story back in September 2011.
It was an outlet to make up for my lack of ability to draw out what I had in mind.
It has since turned into a full blow story.
It's not what I'd call professional by any means, but I have greatly enjoyed working on it over the years, even if my efforts require hiatuses now and again.

It's been a labor of love.
I'm a fan of Altermeta, I love the setting, the characters, pretty much all of it.
It is a wonderful playground.
At the end of the day, it isn't mine though. I know I could never sell anything based on it, and truthfully, I don't have any desire to even try. Even if I removed all of the AM elements from it, I still wouldn't.

Jace and his friends are wonderful characters in their own right, and bits of my life have been included (if slightly altered to fit) into Jace's life. The saying 'write what you know' has been applied and I think it has added to the story thus far. There are a lot of bits that never happened to me, or at least never at that point in my life.

I have more that I intend to write, and Jace and company are not done.
Not by a long shot. Jace is still roughly at the high school level. I do have a bit of a time jump planned for him that is important to the plot, but all in good time.

Given how abandoned the forum feels, I'm not certain if there is a lot of point posting things here or not. Feedback is nice.
Would it be better just to leave a link to click on that leads to a Google doc of the story?
Perhaps it would be easier to read that way, and folks could leave comments directly.

What say you?
"You don't wheedle the god of the Dragons, even if he is your father."

Altermeta Community

Parallel Paths AKA Short bit of SRF Fiction
« on: April 18, 2018, 06:24:07 PM »

Offline Dreaker

• Dragon
  • He who lurks around
Re: Parallel Paths AKA Short bit of SRF Fiction
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 07:47:11 PM »
Okey 100% honesty here. I switched to docs because both TB and DP grow waaaaaaaay to long for forum posts (TB 20 pages, DP 13 pages) and I am just too lazy to update the old post every time I reshape the text in someway.

Our AM fan fics are shorter. So they work with the post format. I suggest have a google doc with all stories in one place and stuff a link to it in your subscription.
Secret activity in process. Please look elsewhere.

Offline Wraa

• Dragon
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 08:14:17 PM »
I have found that I cannot put all of my Fan fic into one document as it bogs down google docs.
It's well over 100 pages.

Offline Dreaker

• Dragon
  • He who lurks around
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 08:18:13 PM »
WoW
Secret activity in process. Please look elsewhere.

Offline Wraa

• Dragon
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 08:43:55 PM »
Roughly 166 pages of completed text not counting notes, details on each character, and other miscellaneous info.