Author Topic: (Un)Official Kuvrahk FAQ [Updated 08/21/10]  (Read 56856 times)

Offline Tiggerjay

• Elder Kuvrahk
Re: (Un)Official Kuvrahk FAQ [Updated 02/27/07]
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2007, 07:25:57 PM »
Ah, gotcha.  I must have missed that conversation.  Either that or my fruit fly'ish memory has struck again.
People in cars cause accidents.  Accidents in cars cause people.

Altermeta Community

« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2007, 07:25:57 PM »

Offline Noben

• A deity among you.
  • Administrator
  • Dragon
    • Altermeta
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2007, 06:14:14 AM »
Yeah it was something of that nature.  I mean you know.. don't take a shower for several days. Things get a lil'... gross.  You finally get a nice hot and peaceful shower you're probably going to scrub such places with great zeal and even possibly have one of those tongue hanging out of mouth, eyes half closed expressions.

Kind of like getting a good backscratching from someone. Just that absolute bliss and joygasmic facial expression.  One that would look oh-so-incriminating if a picture is snapped at JUST the right moment of you doing that and scrubbing your squidgy bits at the same time.

OOC: Not only does it mean out of character, it means out of context!
Gods don't kill people.
People with gods kill people.

Beginning April 5th, 2010...
Official Catgirl Body Count: 36

Offline HC_Missile

• Global Moderator
  • Kuvvie
    • Devart
Re: (Un)Official Kuvrahk FAQ [Updated 11/10/07]
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2007, 05:50:25 PM »
Here's one.

Several images of Kuvrahks depict that they do not have belly buttons, the majority of these are more recent pictures. However there still are a fair share of ones with belly buttons which are old and new. According to the FAQ they do have an umbilical cord, but that part isn't detailed. I draw my Kuvvies under the assumption that they do have belly buttons because that umbilical cord remains to have the same effect, even though it is cut while the egg is formed.

Bottom line questions, do Kuvvies have belly buttons? Does it vary? do they go away?

please use details  ^_^
I don't have a sig. This signature you see before you is a lie.

Offline Brunhidden

• Kuvvie
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2007, 11:50:06 PM »
i believe theres a picture of jo holding her shirt up and staring at her belly, including text saying "yes they have bellybuttons"

Offline Tiggerjay

• Elder Kuvrahk
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2007, 01:19:13 AM »
i believe theres a picture of jo holding her shirt up and staring at her belly, including text saying "yes they have bellybuttons"

Which statement begs two questions; How high is the shirt lifted, and what's the monthly access fee for that archive? >;3
People in cars cause accidents.  Accidents in cars cause people.

Offline Sparky Bluefang

• Winged Guardian
  • Administrator
  • Elder Kuvrahk
    • Bluefang-Logic Networks
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2007, 01:32:04 AM »
I remember that one. I colored it long ago when I first started playing with photoshop.
http://sparkybluefang.deviantart.com/art/Jo-Colored-12748319

I know I have the original around somewhere. In fact, I have it right here:
http://files.bluefang-logic.com/altermeta/josephine-bellybutton.jpg

Offline Noben

• A deity among you.
  • Administrator
  • Dragon
    • Altermeta
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2007, 11:23:31 AM »
I don't think I have the original of that any more. Wow, its been a long time that one..

And yes, they does have bellybuttons. XD
Gods don't kill people.

Offline HC_Missile

• Global Moderator
  • Kuvvie
    • Devart
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2007, 05:42:48 PM »
oh man! super! Now I'm glad that I included bellybuttons then.

Offline HC_Missile

• Global Moderator
  • Kuvvie
    • Devart
Re: (Un)Official Kuvrahk FAQ
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2007, 05:08:34 AM »

These scales are much smaller those traditionally found on reptiles or their ancestorial dragons. This allows their hide to be permeable to fluids, though not to the extent that their bare flesh is, but sill stand up to more punishment than bare skin could. The surface of these scales is somewhat rough, like a very fine sandpaper (800 grit or higher, if you know what that means). Although their scales are permeable by fluids, they do not sweat through them, but rather the areas areas of their body with bare skin.

Alrighty, this is a question concerning the scales (I am a detail nerd.. what can I say).

When it says "rough" does that mean that if per say one Kuvrahk were to feel against their own or another Kuvrahk's scales with their bare flesh, would it be rough like sand paper? or is the constancy of the scales like sand paper but it feels different? Basically every depiction of a Kuvvie that i have seen seems to imply that the scales are rather smooth like (what with the soft coloring used when dealing with light sources and shading)

A further question would be concerning the clothes if they do have such course skin (if it were as rough to the touch like sandpaper even that fine). Wouldn't that have a high tendency to cause more wear and tear on clothes? if so, do they make their clothes more durable to deal with that? or do they just deal with the fact that their clothes last as long as they do and buy clothes more frequently due to wear and tear?

Oh man! and another question! This one is faster and easier (maybe, unless any of you got juicy details about it) Do Kuvvies bother with tattoos? They obviously do piercings, but what about tattoos? The reason I'm asking is because I want to know if it ever would have any correlation with the Kuvrahk genetically inherited markings.

Offline Noben

• A deity among you.
  • Administrator
  • Dragon
    • Altermeta
Re: (Un)Official Kuvrahk FAQ
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2007, 05:44:29 AM »
Alrighty, this is a question concerning the scales (I am a detail nerd.. what can I say).

When it says "rough" does that mean that if per say one Kuvrahk were to feel against their own or another Kuvrahk's scales with their bare flesh, would it be rough like sand paper? or is the constancy of the scales like sand paper but it feels different? Basically every depiction of a Kuvvie that i have seen seems to imply that the scales are rather smooth like (what with the soft coloring used when dealing with light sources and shading)

A further question would be concerning the clothes if they do have such course skin (if it were as rough to the touch like sandpaper even that fine). Wouldn't that have a high tendency to cause more wear and tear on clothes? if so, do they make their clothes more durable to deal with that? or do they just deal with the fact that their clothes last as long as they do and buy clothes more frequently due to wear and tear?

Oh man! and another question! This one is faster and easier (maybe, unless any of you got juicy details about it) Do Kuvvies bother with tattoos? They obviously do piercings, but what about tattoos? The reason I'm asking is because I want to know if it ever would have any correlation with the Kuvrahk genetically inherited markings.

In an effort to add more cuddliness to kuvrahks, I would like to omit that description and smooth all of their scales/skin.  Cheap but effective.

Tattoos are cover somewhere. It varies from person to person.

Gods don't kill people.

Offline Sparky Bluefang

• Winged Guardian
  • Administrator
  • Elder Kuvrahk
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2007, 06:55:27 AM »
A lot of reptiles have smooth or barely rough scales, so I find that perfectly reasonable. In fact, I always though that the rough scales seemed a bit odd.

Anyways, I'll make those changes ASAP :)

---

Yep, tattoos are covered, in the very section where you got that quote.
http://csyelus.com/index.php?topic=482.0#post_k_anatomy_skin
But, to summarize: yes, Kuvvies can and do get tattoos, but they can only get them on the underbelly, ears, palms, and bottom of the feet (basically anywhere there aren't scales). However, in modern society, non-permanent decorations are favored rather than tattoos.

---

On a side note, it is possible for smooth skin to act like sand paper. Take shark's skin for example:
http://dsc.discovery.com/video/index.html?playerId=203711706&categoryId=210013704&lineupId=16924812&titleId=18579306
(hooray Mythbusters!)

Offline Brunhidden

• Kuvvie
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2007, 05:43:10 PM »
i always thought kuvskin would feel a little like rough leather for the 'rough' part or suede for the 'smooth' part

i wonder if many hroomwathi wear kuvskin items

Offline HC_Missile

• Global Moderator
  • Kuvvie
    • Devart
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2007, 06:20:16 PM »
i wonder if many hroomwathi wear kuvskin items

That would be an extremely sad thingy thing for them to do. T__T poor kuvvies!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 11:54:54 AM by HC_Missile »

Offline HC_Missile

• Global Moderator
  • Kuvvie
    • Devart
Re: (Un)Official Kuvrahk FAQ [Updated 11/27/07]
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2007, 05:52:54 AM »
ack, double postin!

Ok, here is a question about sexual genetics. Do male oriented Kuvrahks have nipples? or do they develop only when the Kuvvie becomes female oriented?

Offline Sparky Bluefang

• Winged Guardian
  • Administrator
  • Elder Kuvrahk
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2007, 06:39:50 AM »
Yep, just like human males do.

Altermeta Community

« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2007, 06:39:50 AM »