Author Topic: Lasers, Dragons, and Heretics! (aka sex, dragons and rock 'n roll)  (Read 14035 times)

Melchior

Re: Lasers, Dragons, and Heretics! (aka sex, dragons and rock 'n roll)
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2007, 04:44:00 PM »
Name: Lucius Gareth
Other Names: the one resembling closely Lucius but is more suitable for the opposite sex 'no one has dared to say it outloud in his vicinity'
Apparent Age: 27
Height: 6,0"
Weight: 150
Bloodline: 100% Sa'Arthas

Eye Color: Entire eye is yellow with a black pupil
Hair Color: White
Scale Color: Black
Primary Birthmark: Red stripes running trough his back from the tip of his tail to the neck covering the top of his legs and arms the stripes are all different wide and a bit crooked making them look like bloody whip slashes.

General Build: Lean agile athletic build but not muscular.
Hair Style: Long white hair reaching in the middle of his back usually in a humble ponytail and his fringe is parted in half
Mannerisms: Cold, cruel, insensible, Self-confident, Strives for his own benefit, takes advantage of others with no guilty conscience "on the contrary"
Typical Clothing Worn: white ruffle shirt under a black leather vest (vest closed most of the time) and breeches http://www.themedievalmarket.com/breeches1.jpg all covered under a black hooded sleeveless cloak http://www.lynoure.com/gallery/cloak1.jpg

Background: For all his life Lucius has striven for wealth and power trough illegal business like smuggling, Black markets, Burglary, Thieving, Assassination, and many more nefarious ways. The brutal gloomy childhood spend at the dark swamps amongst the Sa'Arthas people leaves no one scarred and with it Lucius grew up as a heartless cutthroat with the blood of dozens in his hands, as he struggled to become a valued member of many crime syndicates all over Cavris which in time has given him the reputation and power to keep himself concealed from law and justice and who would be foolish enough to rat out someone who is rumored to be high ranking officer of the Assassins guild. And yet his still looking for a real purpose for his life as all the wealth and power still doesn't make him fully satisfied.

Altermeta Community

« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2007, 04:44:00 PM »

Offline kaoshin

• Hatchling
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2007, 07:05:23 PM »
Name: Gavin Rykarn (rI-car-n)
Apparent Age: 24

Height: 5’11”
Weight: 165 lbs.
Bloodline: 50% Mystic, 50% Csyyelusian
Era: ancient (RP starting point)
General Build: medium, muscled
Primary Scale Color:  bronze
Secondary Scale Color: russet brown
Eye Color: sky blue
Hair Color: dark brown
Hair Style: lays how it chooses to
Primary Birthmark: black anvil-shaped mark over his breastbone
Secondary Birthmarks:
1) Father’s Side:  purple marking that looks like the Japanese kanji for fire on the back of his neck, half hidden by his hair.
2) Mother’s Side:  red “bulls-eye” (circle with a dot in the middle) on the top of his tailbase

Mannerisms: tends to gesticulate when he speaks with passion or great interest
Typical Clothing Worn: dark brown overcoat with a cream-colored shirt (varying from near white to almost pale russet) beneath and dark gray pants
Hobbies/Likes: metal-working/smithing, a good drink at the bar with friends
Notable Weakness or Fears: being shot/stabbed.  It’s not fun.
Background: Born into a blacksmith family, there was never any doubt what his profession would be.  Gavin literally grew up around the forges and anvils of his father’s smithy, and was making simple items like nails and tacks at the tender age of 5.  Like his father, he came to love the craft, taking great pleasure even at those early tender years in the joy of creating something useful to the rest of Cavris.  There was emotion in the shaping of metal, the rhythm of the hammers and hiss of water.  In its own way, blacksmithing was art.

Raised as he was, and showing such passion and aptitude, Gavin rose quickly through the crafting ranks, and by the age of 19 was nearing the end of his time and progression as a journeyman smith.  Life interrupted his tale of creation though, and soldiers appeared at his family’s home one night demanding one man from the household to enter into the military.  His father, injured days earlier, was unable to serve, leaving Gavin to the clutches of the kuvrahks of arms.  Drafted into the army, he left home for training.

Despite the forceful manner with which he had been uprooted from his previous life, Gavin’s anger towards the powers that took him from home did not last.  He found a second family amidst his fellow draftees, and through training and shared pain they bound tight to each other through boot camp and then into frontline service.  With time, Gavin become a leader within his camaraderie.  He did not excel in any particular field, but he had the knack for surviving, a fierce loyalty to his fellows, and a penchant for leading and lightening the mood.  By the end of his four years in service he had achieved the rank of sergeant, and was released from the military with honors to return to his old life.

He spent a little time back in his old home with his parents, but he had grown a great deal in his 4 years apart from them.  There was no animosity, but his father’s smithy and the house in general just felt too small now with two grown men at work.  It was time for him to move on, and with warm goodbyes he took his leave of his mother and father to begin his own smithy.  Six months later he had a space, a forge, and a few customers, and no idea of the adventure in store.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 11:33:09 PM by kaoshin »

Offline Nevindar

• Kuvling
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2007, 07:15:00 PM »
OK... Hope I got this kinda acceptable.
I might change some stuff to make it fit better.

-------------------------------------
Basic Descriptors
Name: Tag "Durandal" Kiugen
Other Names: Durandal, Duran, Ki
Apparent Age: 23
Height: 5'6
Weight: 135lbs
Bloodline: 100% Csyelusian

Eye Color: Reddish Brown
Hair Color(s): Dark Brown
Scale Color: Dark Green
Skin Tone: Tanned
Primary Birthmark: A circle like symbol on his right shoulder

General Build: Trained, muscular while still quite athletic.
Hair Style: Short
Mannerisms: Mostly optimistic, but can be quite neutral and cold at times. A bit shy. He got some sense of justice, which make him mostly loyal to who or whatever hires him.

Typical Clothing Worn:
A simple white undershirt, chainmail shirt with a covering leather jacket, chainmail pants with
covering cloth. Leather gauntlets and boots.

Hobbies: Training, reading and
Dislikes: Arrogant people.

Weapon: An ancient doublehanded steel like sword. The name "Durandal" is engraved along its blade.
Job: Traveling mercenary

Notable Weakness or Fears: His father.

Background:
Comming from a family tree of various trades, he was the second son in a family of 5. One older sister and brother and a younger brother. His mother worked as a tailor.
His father was an aggressive person working as an militia guard, while training them in some ancient sword art that has passed on through their family, he often got drunk and/or angry and beat them up. He even tortured them sometimes.

He got quite skilled in sword fighting and quickly got the upperhand in most sparring scenarios. Unfortunately he also managed to get more anger from his father that way.

When training by them selves one day, they heard a scream. Their father was home, standing over their mother. But something was wrong, somehow he had gone completely insane and killed their mother.
They managed to overpower him, but only after the house was on fire and his younger brother was mortally wounded and forever paralyzed, waist down.

Only when Tag found the ancient sword, hidden deep in their cellar, they managed to drive him away. He hasn't been seen since. But he might still be out there.

They stayed together for a while bit eventually split up. His younger brother becoming a scholar, while his older brother and sister went off somewhere unknown.
He has only been in the mercenary business for a few years. Some good things has happend, but a lot of bad things too. He is in the need of money for the time being.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 06:21:31 PM by Nevindar »

Offline Xavier319

• Supporter
  • Hatchling
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2007, 10:38:05 PM »
Alright kids, that's all.  We good. Time to get this thing into the air! first post in the RP section is up, it's open-ended, have fun! we'll go in turns, each one of you post, then i'll post. if i feel i need to interject in between posts, i will. ^_^
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 11:36:31 PM by Xavier319 »
"Too many spend their lives wandering and looking for purpose. Little do they know, the purpose of life is in the wandering itself."

Offline Xavier319

• Supporter
  • Hatchling
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2007, 12:19:41 AM »
things are moving again in the RP guys, just thought i'd let you know, ready for everyone to post!
"Too many spend their lives wandering and looking for purpose. Little do they know, the purpose of life is in the wandering itself."

Offline Xavier319

• Supporter
  • Hatchling
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2007, 10:02:27 PM »
Alright guys, so we're finally mostly underway, what do you think of the RP so far? any comments? Critiques? ^_^

Offline Zaon

• Hatchling
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2007, 11:26:05 PM »
it seems you've no need for anyone else but I would still like to join in if you will allow me to join your merry troupe ^-^

Offline leamur

• Hatchling
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2007, 10:11:59 AM »
where abouts is the RP as i can't seem to find it!! =(

Offline Tarith Averin

• Kuvvie
  • cropped image of Todd Lockwood's 'Niv Mizzet' M:tG
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2007, 09:24:03 PM »
most of the RP's are set so that only people involved with them can see or access them
"If a fight lasts more than three to five strikes, stop playing" Grandmaster Doc-Fei-Wong
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
--Albert Einstein
"If my doctor told me I had six minutes to live, I wouldn't brood. I'd type a little faster." Isaac Asimov
I am the mind virus.

Offline leamur

• Hatchling
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2007, 06:05:04 PM »
oh ok. 
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 05:22:04 PM by leamur »

Offline Xavier319

• Supporter
  • Hatchling
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2007, 02:20:31 AM »
hey guys, my post has been up for a while now. could you please each PM me your email addresses so i can send an email when it's time for you to post? thanks! that way i can remind folks. i know it's thanksgiving so no rush.