Author Topic: Comic news and futures! Greetings, loyal readers...  (Read 43769 times)

Offline Flynn

• Kuvvie
  • The Wandering Wurm
Comic news and futures! Greetings, loyal readers...
« on: August 29, 2006, 04:02:24 AM »
Yes, it's Flynn again, and yours truly has much in the way of good news. The new comic is definitely underway, and it's going to be nifty! Caz was nice enough to show me some previews of the upcoming Altermeta comic...now with more cowbell! (Sorry, that's an inside joke...Caz will get it.)

Anyways, I'm open to answering questions, as long as it's nothing too specific. I don't want to give away too much, but feel free to ask anyway...worst I can do is say "no, I can't talk about that". ;)

Altermeta Community

« on: August 29, 2006, 04:02:24 AM »

Offline Caltsar

• The Unspeakably
  • Administrator
  • Dragon
  • mewp!
    • caltsar.com
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 04:20:44 AM »
Speaking of which, since Caz and I never seem to be around at the same time, you think you could bug him for some site art?  I assume he doesn't want the banner from the old comic up on the main page :P

Offline Flynn

• Kuvvie
  • The Wandering Wurm
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 04:50:38 AM »
I'll have to chat with him about that. We might team up on the banner, which I'm sure would please some of the readers. :)

Offline Jav

• That which remains hidden within deceipt and nachos
  • Supporter
  • Kuvvie
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 05:10:57 AM »
:P did he finally go with the solid brush style for the comic?
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes ** I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes ** I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes ** I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes **

Offline Flynn

• Kuvvie
  • The Wandering Wurm
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 05:17:35 AM »
Quote from: Jav
In my personal opinion, I would describe the style as a mix of outline and cel airbrushing. It has a very distinct flavor, and reminds me a lot of the look of Spirited Away and other Studio Gibli works, combined with some Full Metal Alchemist influence. Even the basic lineart is distinctly different from before.

Offline Jav

• Supporter
  • Kuvvie
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 07:40:07 AM »
Quote from: Flynn
In my personal opinion, I would describe the style as a mix of outline and cel airbrushing. It has a very distinct flavor, and reminds me a lot of the look of Spirited Away and other Studio Gibli works, combined with some Full Metal Alchemist influence. Even the basic lineart is distinctly different from before.
:) You make me a happy kuvvie.
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes ** I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes ** I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes ** I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes **

Offline Flynn

• Kuvvie
  • The Wandering Wurm
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 09:10:06 AM »
Magus: I, for one, welcome our new livejournal Q & A overlord (overlady?).

The question that's been going through my head the most would be, "When might we see more of the Hromwathi?" They aren't the most popular element, I know, but they have influenced Kuvrahk culture.
Ah, you shall indeed be pleased, loyal reader! The present and past interactions of the different races of Cavris is going to be one of many plot points in the new series.

There will be a lot more delving into the culture, background, and reasons why things are as they are. It's a slightly different world than what the prior comic introduced, so of course such change comes with all new things for readers to learn and enjoy. :)

Offline Kana

• Your worst nightmare...maybe
  • Supporter
  • Kuvling
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2006, 10:29:51 AM »
I has spotted an elf only inn joke D=< Or they used that at least
[Witty and meaningful phrase, that may, or may not reflect my views of the world, personality, or just is completely gay and giddy] -[Author]

Offline Digi

• Supporter
  • Hatchling
    • http://noodleninja.com/
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2006, 12:31:10 PM »
All of those smilies are making me uncomfortable.

Offline the Lone Knight

• Kuvvie
  • Roflcannonz
    • DevArt!
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2006, 06:22:12 PM »
Lookin' forward to seeing that new style!

JUST... SCRIBBLE ON NAPKINS WITH YOUR TOES!!! I WILL BUY!
(Let's see how many get that reference... <.-.< )

Any hint on storyline or cast?
I lurk so well, not even I know when I'm online half the time...

Offline Jav

• Supporter
  • Kuvvie
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2006, 06:52:21 PM »
OH oh I have another. Did he finally get to figure out how to draw those airships?

Offline Flynn

• Kuvvie
  • The Wandering Wurm
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2006, 07:30:05 PM »
Quote from: the Lone Knight
Any hint on storyline or cast?
The storyline is still under development. As for cast, only about half the existing characters will be returning, though I'm sure you'll be happy that Sasha and T-Square are among them. There are, however, a number of new characters, which I'll talk about briefly:

- A big, strong, good-hearted, kinda dumb but uncannily insightful character who reminds me a lot of Pasha, John Goodman's character from Emperor's New Groove.
- A sly, charming scoundrel who owns an airship. Has a very slick look.
- A character who strongly reminds me of someone from Ful Metal Alchemist...not saying who. :)
- A new female character. Very sassy.

Oh, and Sasha is more androgynous than ever. *giggles*

Did he finally get to figure out how to draw those airships?
Airships ahoy for the new series! One of the characters flies one, as I mentioned.

Offline WhiteDragon

• Supporter
  • Kuvvie
    • http://There is no website
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2006, 05:01:05 PM »
Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please Please please
tell me rutherford is coming back o-o

errmm.. anyway.. >.> Looking forward to this, Thanks for the info flynn, I'm now more excited then ever to see what Caz has in store.
Commiting one's own lifeblood to an act not only proves one's dedication, But one's love.
          *Currently lurking behind the forums... waiting...watching..stalking...*

Offline Flynn

• Kuvvie
  • The Wandering Wurm
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2006, 09:07:20 PM »
Quote from: WhiteDragon
Please please tell me rutherford is coming back o-o
I wish I could, WD, but as far as I know, Ruth's not on the menu. :(

Offline WhiteDragon

• Supporter
  • Kuvvie
    • http://There is no website
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2006, 09:41:34 PM »
I'm going to go and cry now. ;=;
Commiting one's own lifeblood to an act not only proves one's dedication, But one's love.
          *Currently lurking behind the forums... waiting...watching..stalking...*

Altermeta Community

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2006, 09:41:34 PM »